CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I need your help convincing my parents....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
Timmeh___
I need your help convincing my parents....

Hey guys, so about a week ago, it was getting dark outside so it was time for me to close the blinds, her cage is next to a window so I only use natural light for her night time / day time schedule, when suddenly the unit came crashing down on top of her cage, and the top was more of a mesh so inevitably it ripped. My father then went to the pet store just before it closed and he had (i wasn't there) 2 options, 1: buy a top that isnt for this cage but fits over the top which causes a small gap at the front or 2: buy the same cage (which they had in stock at that time) that would work perfectly but it costs 200$~ because the top itself isnt on sale. So he obviously chose the top that causes a gap at the front which is about 1/4 of an inch. I have covered it with duct tape, which again this is all against my will, I really didnt like this idea to start with but anyway, it was covered with duct tape with the adhesive facing inward towards the inside of the cage. Since then it has been fine but tonight i head a thunk and I thought i heard the typical thermometer tipping over but her tail was stuck to the adhesive, luckily she is okay with no harm but this cannot be good. Duct tape will not last and I know corn snakes are escape artists so its stressful to sleep or to leave the house at times. I need you guys to help me convince my parents to buy a new cage for the top. I really appreciate it. Thanks guys!