CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Gravid in October Needs Advice...

Old 10-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #21
carnivorouszoo
That snake is so lucky she found her way to you. I know she will be well cared for and can not wait to see the after pics since we have some befores lol. Keep us posted as to if she does lay eggs.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #22
OkeeteeMom
CARNIVOROUSZOO...

LOL...you really made me laugh!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #23
OkeeteeMom
Here's a belly shot from this morning...

Old 10-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #24
onna
If possible ditch the stick ons, get you a digital indoor outdoor thermometer that checks humidity. They usually run about $12 at Wal-Mart, but they're more accurate than the stick ons, less likely for the snake to get stuck or cut on too.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #25
OkeeteeMom
ONNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onna View Post
If possible ditch the stick ons, get you a digital indoor outdoor thermometer that checks humidity. They usually run about $12 at Wal-Mart, but they're more accurate than the stick ons, less likely for the snake to get stuck or cut on too.
What kind of indoor/outdoor? Can you give me a link or a pic? Thanks!

Old 10-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #26
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkeeteeMom View Post
What kind of indoor/outdoor? Can you give me a link or a pic? Thanks!
I would say she looks a little fat. When I got Gypsy she was a little over weight in the "too much fat" department, and I ended up cutting her food down and gave her plenty of things to climb all over in her tank. She is now extremely fit, and is still the sweetest corn I own.

I use a yellow probe thermometer from petco... Though I dont know if they carry them any more, but you could always try them out. I ended up getting both of mine on sale for $7, here in Las Cruces.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #27
OkeeteeMom
OUTCAST/AARON...

That's excellent news about how to 'shape up' a snake! Exercise class began this morning for my girl and she seemed to enjoy the (supervised) freedom. I think (if she's willing), I'll work with her in both the am and pm.

I'll check for one of those probe thermometers...I'm guessing you stick it in the substrate?

AND...I'm excited to see another New Mexico here! Do you know off hand if there's any kinds of Corn Snake/Reptile conventions/gatherings here?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #28
onna
It looks similar to the pic I've added, we've got one inside each of our cages just switched the sticky for some velcro.

http://i44.tinypic.com/11j9aad.jpg

Old 10-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #29
OkeeteeMom
ONNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onna View Post
It looks similar to the pic I've added, we've got one inside each of our cages just switched the sticky for some velcro.

http://i44.tinypic.com/11j9aad.jpg
Oh that's very cool! Thanks!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #30
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkeeteeMom View Post
That's excellent news about how to 'shape up' a snake! Exercise class began this morning for my girl and she seemed to enjoy the (supervised) freedom. I think (if she's willing), I'll work with her in both the am and pm.

I'll check for one of those probe thermometers...I'm guessing you stick it in the substrate?

AND...I'm excited to see another New Mexico here! Do you know off hand if there's any kinds of Corn Snake/Reptile conventions/gatherings here?
Unfortunately I have not heard of any conventions. I would believe Alb. would be the place to ask around. I have been searching hard core to find a herp group out here in Las Cruces, and I am pretty sure that I have found a lead. When I get in touch with the guy I will let you know if he knows anything about any reptile conventions/gatherings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
gravid, heat, okeetee