CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

03 Hold Back Ice Ghost

Old 06-30-2004, 02:32 AM   #11
hockeystop
Schweet looking ghosts! Are those ruby eyes? I like those ruby eyes on some ghosts.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:29 PM   #12
Simon
Wow

Lava het ice x Ice = 17 Ice and 1 Lava het ice? Man! What kind of odds are you getting! Sweet!!!!

Man wish that mine would grow up fast so that I can start breeding some of of these myself~!!!

Awesome!!!

Old 07-01-2004, 04:28 PM   #13
Sparda
WOW....

No wonder you held those beauties back...I might have to get a pair from you this year instead of waiting and trying to breed my own. They are AWESOME.......

Old 07-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #14
Melinie
Ice Ghosts

Okay Joe,
Now that I've looked at the beautiful pics you posted of them, I have a couple of questions (that you have probably already answered to others, but I'm an impatient old lady, who doesn't want to do more searches! ) for you.
I'm seeing red eyes on these guys, so are they technically 'AMEL Ghosts'?
And they do look a bit like the very light 'Phantoms' aka 'Charcoal Ghosts'.
Could you please give an old lady a genetic clue here? LOL

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #15
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinie
I'm seeing red eyes on these guys, so are they technically 'AMEL Ghosts'? And they do look a bit like the very light 'Phantoms' aka 'Charcoal Ghosts'.
These better photos should help. They often do look very similar to other “Ghost” type corns when the photos are not up to par. Even then, they are “Ghost” so we should expect them to look similar, but a little different than other Ghosts.

I have been experimenting with my camera and I took some better photos of the Hold Back Ice Ghost from 03. These photos show their coloring much better. Their “Blue” heads show up better and there over all pink coloration with yellow high lights that is hard to pick up sometimes.

The Ice Ghost have slate blue eyes with ruby irises. They are homozygous for Lava hypo and Anery A. I have produce a couple of Homo Lava, Anery A and Amel. They look like Blizzards.

Old 07-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #16
Simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj
I have produce a couple of Homo Lava, Anery A and Amel. They look like Blizzards.
Hey I have been wondering about the looks of these...
does the 'blizzard' (lava amel anery) have the 'waxy' looks in them?
You know the lava and the ice ghost has the 'waxy' looks in them...so I am guessing that the 'blizzard' (lava amel anery) has that looks in them~
post some pics~!

Old 07-12-2004, 12:40 PM   #17
ecreipeoj
3000 Post!

WOW Simons, 3000 posts! Congratulations is definitely in order!

These first three photos are the only ones that I have of a Homo Snow Lava. I would like to add, that they have never been tested to see if they are in fact homo for Lava. I just don’t know what else they could be.

The other Snows from this project are typical snows or Snokeetees. (Snow Okeetees) like this last photo.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:34 PM   #18
Simon
Joe,

LOL....to be honest..I didn't even know that I posted 3000 posts....until you told me...
Well I guess this would be the 3001 post~ I guess this proves that I have been bugging a lot of people around this forum a lot for the last 2 years since they have a counter thing going on....just to see who bugs this forum the most....LOL...

Hum...
those Lava Snows don't really look like what I have had in mind. But hey photos never really does an animal any justice...so heck...I bet that if I ever come down to your place I'll be drooling all over your place that you might need a coupld of buckets just to hold my saliva in....

Does those "Lava Snow" have that waxy thing going on like the Ice Ghosts or Lava gene?

Prove them out to be homo lava and I'll be real happy about this combo~!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google