CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Embedded video files - how to

Old 08-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Rich Z
Embedded video files - how to

I have been toying around with this on one of my other sites, but unfortunately it required having native HTML coding enabled within posts, which is a well known security risk. So after I disabled the HTML codes, I had to figure out another solution, because I just like having this sort of capability in inline text.

And let's face it, streaming video and audio is certainly going to be a big part of the internet in more and more avenues.... So I figured it would be worth the effort to figure out a solution for this problem.

So, I made the EMBED code into a custom BB coding for this site. I puttered around with it for a while, but finally had to raise the white flag and go to the Jelsoft people for help in implementing it.

Just substitute the brackets"[" and "]" for the "{" and "}" used in the example below:

{embed}http://www.corvetteflorida.com/videos/b4headers.wmv{/embed}

The URL needs to point to the video file, and so far I have only tested this with .WMV files. You can experiment with others, if you like, to see what others, if any, may work as well.

I put an icon that looks like a video camera right in the message posting screen so all you need to do is to click on that button, enter the URL of the video file, click the OK button, and you are done.

I think this will add a bit more *sparkle* to the site with having inline videos like this in the threads...... But let me know if it gets to be a problem with slowing down things in general because of the bandwidth demands.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Rich Z
Example of embedded video files...

This is a video of my Z06 with the stock exhaust system.

And here it is after the install of LG Motorsports long tube Pro headers. At the same time, I had new E3 plugs put on, MSD ignition wires, new front O2 sensors, and a new fuel filter.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Joejr14
Pretty spiffy there Rich!

Vette sounds a lot better as well.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
Lore
Ahhhh... the sound of that vet makes this girls heart go pidder patter

LOL! VERY NICE

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google