CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Computer Picture Display Problems - Need Help =P

Old 08-15-2003, 11:24 PM   #1
Taceas
Computer Picture Display Problems - Need Help =P

Yes, I know this is not corn snake related, but I'm out of ideas of my own.

Ok, I am having a rather 'unique' issue right now with displaying my jpg's through a web browser.

I normally use Opera 7.1 web browser and when I view any of my jpg's through it, the pictures look very grainy and I see pixels everywhere. Like a very poor quality shot. So I thought it may be Opera, so I open up the same picture with IE 6.0, and voila same problem.

However, when I open up the exact same picture with my camera software (Olympus Camedia Master Pro 4.1) or in Windows Explorer (where you search your computer for files), the picture looks perfect, as it should.

Does anyone have any ideas or revelations about what is going on or how to fix this issue? It's getting rather annoying as every picture I look at through my web browsers look really crappy. =/

Old 08-15-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
pinatamonkey
I remember hearing that AOL has a setting to compress images...sounds kinda like your problem?

Old 08-15-2003, 11:46 PM   #3
Taceas
I dunno..

It hasn't always been like this, strangely enough. It started last week sometime. I took a picture, and posted it and thought, "God, that is awful. Must have had the camera setting on low quality.".

I got a new video card this week (ATI Radeon 9600), and everything is working perfectly, I haven't changed any of the settings I had before, and still the problem persists.

I just can't understand why it would "all of a sudden" do this. I normally resize my pictures to 800x600, to keep the file size manageable..and it hasn't done this before.

The only thing I can think of that I've changed is how I resize my pictures. I used to use my camera software, but when I had to upgrade versions due to my upgrade to Win XP (my old version only worked with Win 98), and this new version doesn't resize the pictures correctly for some reason. So I got the Windows Power Toys Image Resizer and have been using that mostly.

I dunno..I'm just at a loss. It seems there's always one thing or another on my computer that never works quite right. And I've had my computer rebuilt 3 times now trying to "perfect it" and so far no luck. =P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google