CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

My first ever :)

Old 12-03-2021, 03:49 AM   #1
ksekres
My first ever :)

I wanted to say hello cause I'm new here on the forum and new in this reptile world. This is my first ever corn I bought her 3 weeks ago and she is about 3 months old. I already love her Have a good dat everyone!

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 8 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

Old 12-03-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
She's super cute! What is her name?

Welcome to the forum!

Old 12-03-2021, 06:32 AM   #3
ksekres
Her name is Sznurka in translation it means a string, but as I see her everyday in position like in the photo she looks more like a meerkat to me :

Old 12-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
blacktip
Very nice tessera. I love it when they have a clean stripe down the back like that.

Old 12-03-2021, 04:25 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
Yeah, she totally does look like a meerkat in that position! Too funny! Cute name, too!

Old 12-03-2021, 09:02 PM   #6
SnakeCreations
So cute! Congratulations!!

-Tonya

Old 12-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #7
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksekres View Post
Her name is Sznurka in translation it means a string, but as I see her everyday in position like in the photo she looks more like a meerkat to me :
Are you using an undertank heater for that caging? If she seems to be constantly wanting to climb up the side of the cage, you may want to check the temperature of the floor of the cage.

Old 12-05-2021, 02:57 AM   #8
ksekres
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Are you using an undertank heater for that caging? If she seems to be constantly wanting to climb up the side of the cage, you may want to check the temperature of the floor of the cage.
She does that only in the evening, temp on the floor on that specific place is 29-29.9 celcius not over 30, controlling it by thermoregulator and termometer sticked to the bottom where she has no option to go. I heat only the coco hide so not more than 1/3 of the container. Opposite side is room temp which is around 24-25 degrees celcius, where she has a hide, Water in the middle and the third hide. Now in the morning she lays peacufully in the coco on the warm side. I think she just wants to escape in the evening, also she digs a lot too

Old 12-05-2021, 01:32 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Welcome to the forum!
Very pretty Tessera!

Old 12-05-2021, 07:50 PM   #10
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksekres View Post
She does that only in the evening, temp on the floor on that specific place is 29-29.9 celcius not over 30, controlling it by thermoregulator and termometer sticked to the bottom where she has no option to go. I heat only the coco hide so not more than 1/3 of the container. Opposite side is room temp which is around 24-25 degrees celcius, where she has a hide, Water in the middle and the third hide. Now in the morning she lays peacufully in the coco on the warm side. I think she just wants to escape in the evening, also she digs a lot too

Your temps don't sound bad. I was afraid you had the cage just too warm and she was laying up against the glass to try to cool down.

General rule of thumb I would go by is that if a corn snake is on the prowl, there is something it is looking for that is not in the cage, or the cage has something in it that they don't like and want to get away from.

Any snake on the prowl in the wild when it really doesn't need to be is potentially a meal for a predator. So by nature they are prone to be sedentary when they are content with their surroundings and lacking pressing internal urges.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google