CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Pic request: Charcoal Ghosts and Hypo Pewter(s)...

Old 03-27-2002, 02:05 AM   #1
Serpwidgets
Pic request: Charcoal Ghosts and Hypo Pewter(s)...

I, for one, would be delighted to see any pics of the new morph. It would be nice to see what I might be able to expect several years down the road.

Also, I've never seen any Charcoal Ghosts other than the one on SerpenCo's price list, and the one I bought from SerpenCo.

Thanks in advance. (:

Old 03-27-2002, 02:47 AM   #2
Rich Z
I only had one Hypo Pewter hatch out last year. Unfortunately, it was not a survivor.

To be honest, at least looking at the one hatchling, I didn't think it looked all that much different from the Charcoal Ghosts.

Old 03-27-2002, 04:26 AM   #3
Simon
Nice Pic Rich

Well at least its got a plain belly..........a Charcoal Ghost doesn't have it does it?

But the little guy looks really cute!

Old 03-27-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
Serpwidgets
Thanks for the pic, Rich, it's a beauty. It's a shame he didn't make it. BTW, don't pewters start out with a lot more visible pattern than they will have as adults?

I'm thinking there should be a difference if the project is started with Hypo Blood X Pewter. That way there's no outcrossing/recovery of the bloodred traits.

I'm still like 3-5 years away from my first line of them, and more like 6 or 7 from my second line. I hope I get to see plenty more pics before mine hatch, so I know what to expect.

Simon, you're right.
Charcoal Ghost belly pic

Old 03-28-2002, 12:52 AM   #5
Simon
ha ha ha

well.....finally at least I got something right here......
but then all those corn snakes out there are just GREAT!!

Old 04-02-2002, 09:18 PM   #6
CornsnakeKeeper
Nice. Any newer morphs you'd like to share with us? I know, I think you posted a striped butter on the old forum. That Hypo Pewter looks awesome.

Old 04-03-2002, 02:30 PM   #7
Peter
recipe

What is the recipe for a hypo pewter, or a pewter for that matter?

Old 04-03-2002, 03:36 PM   #8
Serpwidgets
Pewter is Charcoal and Bloodred.

Hypo Pewter is Hypo, Charcoal, and Bloodred.

Old 04-03-2002, 04:30 PM   #9
Peter
Hey Serp

In the F2 right? charcoal x bloodred then breed offspring together? Will they be normals het for charcoal and blood red or will anything from the parents show up in the F1?

Old 04-04-2002, 01:02 AM   #10
Serpwidgets
Yeah, F2...

However, Bloodred (as I think most people picture it, with solid red, etc) has some more subtle stuff that is apparently not all connected, so my understanding is that recovering "bloodreds" in the F2 won't necessarily get you the same "grade A" bloodreds that you started with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google