CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Lost snake

Old 07-30-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
nikkirnoto
Lost snake

Well our daughters snake cheeto is missing. We've looked ALL over and sadly can't find it. She's heart broken since she'd only had it for a few weeks. We are assuming it's because the lid was just a standard lid with out clips and the lil thing just pushed it enough to get out.

Shes put out a mouse in the tank but no luck on a return. Our house is bretty large and old so tons of snake hinging spaces in the walls too

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Old 07-30-2021, 07:47 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Oh dang, I'm sorry to hear that. They're natural escape artists. I think everyone who owns corns long enough will experience an escape at least once. Try to think like a snake - they like small dark spaces and will travel along the walls usually. You can try sprinkling some flour along the edges on the rooms to see if you find any snake trails. They tend to move around at night, so wait until the sun sets and then sit quietly to see if you can hear or see any movement. You might try placing some plastic bags or crumpled paper around so you can hear if something moves it.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:24 PM   #3
Rich Z
Yeah, evening is the time to be looking for him. Keep the lights out in rooms as much as possible and use a flashlight to look along the edges of the floor and in any corners and nooks of the room. Do this OFTEN. If the snake was going opaque, put a slightly dampened towel in one corner on the floor and check underneath it regularly.

Good luck!

Old 07-30-2021, 08:31 PM   #4
nikkirnoto
Thanks for the suggestions! We're kinda hoping she will.make her wait to tye basement (it's unfinished and damp)

Old 07-30-2021, 08:32 PM   #5
nikkirnoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkirnoto View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! We're kinda hoping she will make her way to the basement (it's unfinished and damp)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google