CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Whatcha think Rich?

Old 03-28-2002, 04:59 PM   #1
Ares
Lightbulb Whatcha think Rich?

This is something I whipped up pretty fast
tell me whatcha think and if u want a good one
done or have an idea drop me an email
and Ill see what I can do!

Old 03-28-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
Solaris16
Umm, that's my snake!

Hi Ares!

That is my snake! I don't mind you using my picture, but it would have been nice if you asked first! Wendy

Old 03-28-2002, 09:11 PM   #3
Solaris16
Opps!

Hi Ares!

I just read the message you left me! Don't worry about it! I do like it actually, are you thinking that this will be the new Serpenco logo?

Old 03-29-2002, 02:08 AM   #4
Rich Z
Thumbs up

Hey Ares!

I LIKE IT! But why don't you dazzle us with some ideas for a logo for this site? I have set up my FaunaClassifieds site to accept banner ads and I'll bet a lot of those folks would like a talented designer to make up their banners for them. So give me some examples and I'll point them your way.

I don't have plans on accepting ads for this site for a while, but when I do, I will definitely keep you in mind for the banners.

If you don't mind me asking, what graphics package are you using? It't the computer geek in me showing through......

Thanks.

Heck. You know, I should hold some sort of contest for the CornSnakes.com logo. Anyone interested in doing that? Ares does have a pretty good head start, but maybe there are other talented folk out there that would like to strut their stuff.

Guess I need to be thinking about a prize, now don't I?

Anyway, let me know what you think of this idea.

Old 03-29-2002, 03:46 AM   #5
Serpwidgets
I'm game...

But with my schedule, I'd need a few weeks to get something substantial (and of any decent quality) done. I don't even have any ideas yet, but I think I have plenty of my own pics to work with.

Prize? Hmm... does that include shipping? ;-)

Old 03-29-2002, 10:28 AM   #6
Ares
Thumbs up Sounds good

Contest would be a good idea.
I work on a G4 mac and for that banner I used Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Image ready. It would be great to make the logo for this site, just give me a little time, so I can work things out into my schedule and I'll do my best.

Old 03-29-2002, 04:26 PM   #7
vbgrafx
Thumbs up Cornsnakes.com Logo

hey rich,
this is cory...the guy in Va. Beach that you just sent the two corns to on Wednesday. I'd love to work on a logo for the site. Just let me know some guidelines, and I think a little contest would be great! I'm workin' between a G4 and a Sage Imac with Quark/In-Design/Pagemaker for layout, and Photoshop/Illustrator for image design. Just some generals.

Let us know.

Old 03-29-2002, 09:37 PM   #8
Rich Z
Talking

Guidelines? Guidelines? We don't need no steekin' guidelines!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself............

Actually I have no idea about what to suggest. I don't even know what I am looking for myself, so I certainly couldn't tell you all what to strive for. Something eye catching but not overpowering. Something you will remember and not hate the look of after seeing it 1000 times. Something subtle and classy and certainly not brash. Animated is OK, but not necessary.

I guess it's like when someone asks me at a gun show what I'm looking for. I don't know, but I'll know it when I see it.

Size should be approximately that of the photo at the top of the page right now, but can be slightly larger and have slightly different dimensions. This can be a little flexible. Some designs may not work when constrained so. Try not to create an image that has a huge file size, because the one selected will have to be loaded each time this site is viewed, and someone using a slow modem might get frustrated waiting for a large file to load and will just leave.

Maybe I need to post this generally so more people can enter. Or would you all rather keep the competition down and keep this to people whom log into this site and find out about it here?

How about a deadline for submissions of July 1, 2002? Is that enough time for everyone? Anything later will start to infringe on the egg hatching season, and I'll probably just be a memory around here at that time of year.

On the day of the deadline date, I will set up a message showing ALL the submissions and set up a poll so people can vote on the one they like the best. I need to play around with the poll software here anyway. But bear in mind that the final judge (me!) may not agree with the majority and is only asking opinions. A decision will be made on July 21 (my birthday) of whom the winner of the competition is.

As for a prize, how about a pair (1 male and 1 female) of Lavender corns to the winner? Is that incentive enough? And yes Serpwidgets, I will pay for shipping. BUT, and this may be important, I can only ship within the continental U.S.A.! I do not have, nor intend to get anytime soon, the permit necessary to ship outside of the country. So please bear that in mind.

Oh one other thing. If I get some really nice submissions, I might possibly be interested in new logos for my other sites as well. Since I've gotten out of the milk snakes, I really should change that graphic on my SerpenCo.com site.

OK, good luck to everyone.

Old 03-29-2002, 10:54 PM   #9
CornsnakeKeeper
Too cool! Keep the contest within this sites readers/posters. I better get to work now. The prize sounds too GREAT!

Old 03-30-2002, 01:00 AM   #10
Serpwidgets
Cool!

Wow, that's an excellent prize. I'll enjoy making whatever it is I come up with, whether or not I win, but that's certainly a great incentive.

BTW, for the graphics people using a gazillion dollars worth of software: I'm no graphics pro, I use old and cheap stuff... My rendering software is Truspace2, and I use a 5-year-old version of Paint Shop Pro for image editing. (Photoshop is about 5 levels of "artistic" beyond my poor excuse for talents... if I used it, I'd probably make things worse, hehe)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google