CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

SpiritSerpent's 2021 pairings

Old 03-22-2021, 12:43 PM   #11
67temp
I have previously put a proven male in with a younger male for a few minutes. Thought was if the younger male thinks there is competition it will give him more a sense of urgency of getting the job done.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #12
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
I have previously put a proven male in with a younger male for a few minutes. Thought was if the younger male thinks there is competition it will give him more a sense of urgency of getting the job done.
I tried this with Pard, who is acting terrified of the girls. He *immediately* fought with the other male. Took that male out, reintroduced female- he is again immediately afraid of her. -_-
Bansidhe is himself a proven male which is part of why his behaviour this year is so frustrating.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:50 PM   #13
Shiari
Some good news!

Pard was being all demure because he was apparently in the tail end of blue and didn't feel pretty enough for the girls. He shed last night, I paired him back up with Leshen and this male who has never been bred before in his life danced with her and had her locked in under 5 minutes. Smooth operator that one.

Some more good news!

Bansidhe is finally interested in breeding!

The bad news!

Bansidhe is currently interested in breeding with himself as much as he is interested in the female!
Gabby is unreceptive at the moment so I'll wait until her next shed and try them again.

Hopefully final pairings this year will be-
A'ghrian x Gallium (AG21)
Leshen x Pard (LP21)
Gabrielle x Bansidhe (GB21)
Ms. Moose x Pard (MP21)

Old 03-25-2021, 01:08 AM   #14
hypnoctopus
Ooh, glad Pard finally went for it. I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on that project.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:25 PM   #15
Shiari
Bansidhe has successfully locked with Gabby. This year will prove if he's homozygous or het or not het for charcoal. Finally.

The mysteries are being strange enough I put Moose back to Eugene to make more of them.

A'ghrian is in blue and looks like she's going to explode. I'm not certain any of the eggs are fertile though, they're not distinct feeling on palpation.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:51 PM   #16
LyraFamily
I’m glad that Bansidhe got bored with himself and decided to court Gabby. I can’t wait to see what they produce- maybe some more patterned/ziggy babies are in your future?

Old 05-03-2021, 10:22 PM   #17
Shiari
A' ghrian is laying as we speak and the 3 eggs out of 14 palpated that are on the ground look fertile! Should have a nice crop of bloodreds/diffused het charcoal, caramel, amel, motley OR stripe and 50% lavender.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:53 PM   #18
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
A' ghrian is laying as we speak and the 3 eggs out of 14 palpated that are on the ground look fertile! Should have a nice crop of bloodreds/diffused het charcoal, caramel, amel, motley OR stripe and 50% lavender.
Nice! Congrats on the eggs!

Old 05-04-2021, 09:23 AM   #19
SnakeCreations
Congratulations!! The breeding play by play is cracking me up

-Tonya

Old 06-05-2021, 06:41 PM   #20
Shiari
At least 2 pairs went as planned. A'ghrian passed 5 eggs and became eggbound. Despite veterinary intervention she ended up dying. On necropsy the stuck eggs appear to have caused some trauma as there was some tissue necrosis already. All the remaining inside her were fertile but completely lacked any calcification to the shell. They all candled with veins but dried up the same way slugs do. Of the 5 eggs passed, 4 are fertile.
The lavender gal either didn't take and is resorbing or has slugs.
Ms. Moose gave me a lovely clutch of 13, so hoping for more of those... Dilutes?
And Gabby provided 14 beautiful eggs so this will tell whether Bansidhe is charcoal or not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google