CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello~new here w/ my 3 corns(pic heavy post) :)

Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
MotleyMedusa7
Hello~new here w/ my 3 corns(pic heavy post) :)

Hello,I'm new to the site.Just wanted to introduce my corns--

Ember,he's a Amel Hurricane Motley:

Medusa,she's a Lavender Motley,het for hypo & stripe:

& Frost,she's a Snow Motley:

Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
Stefanie
Welcome! You have such pretty babies, I especially love Ember, what a gorgeous little guy! His pattern is so beautiful!

Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Muggle
Beautiful snakes! Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
MotleyMedusa7
Thanks I'm still learning what setting on my camera to use to get the best pics,anyone have any suggestions as far as background colors to get the colors & patterns to pop best? I'm thinking about taking them outside to get some pics in natural light to see how well they turn out.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
ChaosSinceBirth
When it comes to colour, if you want to bring out something's colour, a complementary (opposite side of the colour wheel, ie. green and red, blue and orange, etc.) or contrasting colour is good. I also find that scenery really makes things pop out. Say... maybe try pictures with some greenery, or wait until they're in their hide and just sticking out their head (my snow loooves to do that), then take a picture where you can see their head first, then their blurry body just peeking out of the hole in the hide.
Sorry, I love art. And snakes. And snake art. Can you blame me?

I would love to see the natural photos!

Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
MotleyMedusa7
Oh,I forgot to say some stuff about me in my introduction! lol My name is Valerie,I'm 32,married for almost 8 1/2 yrs to Daniel..have 2 kids,my son is 14,my daughter is 7. I have 2 cats, 1 mini schnauzer,a bearded dragon,1 variable kingsnake, & my 3 new corns. I have a natural pond that takes up the back of my acre of land,which is home to many native snakes & turtles(south of Houston,Tx.) So,when we moved in about 3 years ago,I began taking lots of pics of the snakes back there..we have Broad banded water snakes,Blotched water snakes,Diamond- backed water snakes,Gulf Coast Ribbon snakes,Graham's Crayfish snakes, Rough Earth snakes,& I have seen a couple of Western cottonmouths & 1 Texas Corn snake & a Rough Green snake...I usually upload the pictures to my Flikr & Facebook accounts to help educate people on what local snakes are venomous or nonvenomous,because unfortunately even most of my friends think the only good snakes are dead ones I try to help them realize snakes are an important part of any ecosystem & you would rather have a few rat snakes around than the rats they are eating! Anyway,my in-laws recently decided to move out of our house so I got all excited when I realized I could start getting snakes!! I was being considerate of their feelings about snakes..but my husband & I sure are very happy to be able to finally get to bring these beautiful animals into our home instead of just watching them in the pond! lol

Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
MotleyMedusa7
Chaos>> me too! I love taking pictures of snakes..well taking pics of all types of nature. and I do draw & paint also,so I guess I take the art into the pics lol Great suggestions,thanks

Old 07-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
ChaosSinceBirth
No problem, and I still can't wait for those pictures.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
EddieA
Welcome! This is my setup and it works ok for me. I might try a few different backgrounds in the near future though. Lovely babies, btw!

(link to setup)
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113063

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
SnakeAround
My favorite is Ember!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google