CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
Merovingian
Post Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name.

Hello.

Name is Merovingian and I am here to learn about corn snakes. I started on another forum a few days ago and was told I should come here instead of there due to the limited cornsnake community on ssnakess.

So here I am

I do not currently have a snake, I am keeping my eyes open for a hatchling fire motley, hypo motley, or sunglow motley while I setup my enclosure and get it running and acceptable.

I currently have this as my setup:
(Not shown: substrate or heater)

I am worried that I have 'too much' stuff and that my water bowl is too large, I am getting a book on Cornsnakes in the mail today so that should help with my decision a little bit while I experiment and such with the "furniture" setup to get something l like going on.

I am very open to feedback and help in my first steps at getting this going.

I am just a normal family guy, I have no plans to breed any snakes or anything, just a family pet

Hope this post finds you well in life and love

Old 07-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Nanci
It's not too much stuff, but it's stuff that will need some adapting for snakes to like it. Snakes like tight, flat hides, not big empty holes. So you can stuff the two wood hides with a piece of crumpled newspaper and the snake will feel safer in there. Then I would add suction cup vines on the walls, and take a bare wire vine, and twist a six-foot scrunchy vine around it, and then make a structure with that for the snake to climb. The water bowl is not too large.

Is the lid completely, positively escape-proof? And do you have a UTH and thermostat/rheostat?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Karoni
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing pics of your snake when you get him/her. I love anything motley.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google