CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Coaxing out of small spaces

Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
Nanci
I'm not sure if I'd use a live mouse, or not. I think not. Because then you're going to have to feed and water the mouse, too. You could actually do fuzzies. That way, you aren't spending as much for each failed attempt. You need a clean-up kingsnake!!

Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
Onarian
I don't mind having to take care of the mouse for a couple of days. I'll see what the local pet shop has today.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
Nanci
I mean, while the mouse is in the trap! I don't think a live mouse would be _very_ much more attractive to the snake. And you don't want the snake to get hurt...

Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
desertanimal
You're trying all the right tricks. You're just going to have to keep trying them night after night until she comes out. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #15
Onarian
So then here's the game plan for what I'll set up as soon as I get back from class:

1) Bottle trap with f/t adult mouse in it (I'm worried that the cookie jar effect won't work if the mouse is too small)

2) Hides scattered around the car with hand-warmers in them to create warm attractive spots for her.

3) Masking tape traps to hopefully keep her from going back into the vents if she comes out for a bit. (triangles of masking tape that she'll get stuck on but I'll be able to get off, gently, with cooking oil)

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for the help guys!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
Haarstad
That sounds good, I hope everything turns out alright when you check in the morning!! I like the bottle trap, reminds me of a minnow or turtle trap... INGENIOUS!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #17
Caryl
Wow. All I have to add is my wish for your success.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #18
Nanci
Small water bowl for her to drink out of. On the floor somewhere. In case she is coming out and roaming around.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #19
Onarian
Quick update:

Went to the dealership and along with two of the salesmen and a service guy took apart as much of my car as we could. She definitely isn't in the vents, huge breath of fresh air there, and she is definitely still alive and in the car, found a pile of very stinky fresh snake poop under the spare tire. So, shifting my attention to the back of the car where the battery pack is and we'll see from here. Crossing my fingers that f/t adult in a bottle works tonight. The live I picked up is too small and can get out of the mouth of the bottle, but he's perfectly sized to be a meal for the gorgeous cotton candy boy that came in today from John!

Thanks for the reminder on the water and to all the well-wishers.

- Ben

Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
Pooleh
Good luck! I can't imagine going through this. Pardon the language but I'd be tin bricks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape