CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Penny escaped!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
Nitelion94
No she does not have any hides like that. I left everything in the tank hoping with a very slimm chance she might still b in there lol. Water heater good idea! thats like 3 foot from her viv in a closet. I have carpet in my room so the flour/baby power trick wont work. I dont have any live mice so I figured I could like really cut a pinkie up good so that it smells strong. I'm just all I can do is smile and try not to think about it. I mean I have seen were lots of people had escapee's and thought it was bad but there was all ways the that will never happen to me thing going on..wow was I surprised. man I had been having an amazing 2011 till this happened. and as far as someone else messing with her I only live with my mom and dad and there scared. and I was close to her viv ever since I last seen her(around 10 last night) so thats a no. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:17 AM   #12
Nanci
If you haven't done this already- look along your walls. Look under everything- clothes, magazines, boxes, furniture. Look for her right after it gets dark. Keep looking again and again and again.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
Reptileman81
Also if you have trim along the walls a baby can get behind that sometimes. May not hurt if there is a small gap to pull the trim out. You could always nail it right back.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
rexracer
I hope you find her. You said you have carpet, and a small snake could probably get under the baseboard where the carpet is tucked in. You might check to see if there are any areas where the baseboard isn't as tight to the carpet. If you have a temp gun, you could start at your viv and go around the baseboard checking temps, and see where the warm spots are. Your snake would maybe head for the warm spots. Good luck!

Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
Reptileman81
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexracer View Post
I hope you find her. You said you have carpet, and a small snake could probably get under the baseboard where the carpet is tucked in. You might check to see if there are any areas where the baseboard isn't as tight to the carpet. If you have a temp gun, you could start at your viv and go around the baseboard checking temps, and see where the warm spots are. Your snake would maybe head for the warm spots. Good luck!
I like that idea. Something I never thought of before. Something I will try in the future though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape