CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Snake escape story

Old 06-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
Dakota314
Snake escape story

So a little while ago my snakes tail died and fell off from skin stuck on it, and tonight when my dad went upstairs to get her and put on her medicine, she wasn't in her cage. Where was she you ask? Sitting in my windowsill right above her cage, enjoying the view. I didn't lock the cage all the way, and she got out, but she must have gotten tired after that climb up the glass. She's so lazy lol. I'm glad she didn't go far. Tomorrow would have to have been a day of Nina hunting. We stacked some books on top of her cage to make sure she stays put tonight before I can go home tomorrow and check on her. Just thought I'd share that little story before heading off to bed.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
BigByrd47119
It seems to me that I hear a lot of stories about snakes being recovered in windows. Its odd that the "outdoors" seems to attract them so powerfully. Although I have to admit its more likely the heat that doesn't the attracting.

Congrats on getting her back! Not everyone is so lucky as you were.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Naagas
LOL!
I've found that snakes usually work a lot to escape, then don't escape very far.
All my escapees have been within feet of their viv.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
Dakota314
Her tank is in my room, and sometimes at night I see her stretch out and go up the side of the tank, reach the top, and pull herself up by wedging part of her body into the lip of the cover. Then she hangs there until she falls off. Its amazing how determined they are

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape