CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Tip of Tail not shed

Old 09-02-2004, 06:42 AM   #1
Cindy
Tip of Tail not shed

My tiny new snake shed last night, one piece apart from the tip of the tail which has not shed. I know I have to get this off but he is so tiny I am worried I may put to much pressure on with the wet towels and crush him. Does anyone have any hints or comments before I go ahead, should I perhaps just try and bathe him or not worry at all and hope it comes off with the next shed.

Old 09-02-2004, 07:52 AM   #2
Jicin
I would worry. Good of you to notice.

The tip might very well die off in that time. I agree with the bathing thing. Then afterwards let him slide through a wet towel, appying a little pressure at the tail. Hopefully it'll come off that way.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:45 AM   #3
Cindy
Phew... it's off now, a bath then towels. that was a worry, I knew what I had to do I just got in a panic, but thanks for the reassurance.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #4
CAV
Glad to hear that everything in fine now.

I wouldn't worry too much about crushing your hatchling. As long as you don't use a death grip it shouldn't be a problem. Snakes are hardy and resilient. You can also use the wet towel to gently "wipe off" old skin, much like scrubbing dirty dishes. Once old scales are moist they usually come off without much effort.

Old 09-11-2004, 03:17 AM   #5
gazmatrix
I'm glad this site was here I have an 8 week old Red Albino Corn and just had the same problem. After reading on here I tried bathing it and then using wet paper towel to take of the last little bit of skin it worked a treat and my snake is sorted thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google