CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Can my bruce escape?

Old 08-09-2016, 06:24 AM   #11
axis1
Hiya Jems! How ya been?

Welcome & apologies for being tardy to your thread!

While I am normally optimistic in terms of folks who have a new snake and especially to those who are newbies at having sneaky ones, after reading the title of your thread and after having lost several snakes throughout my lifetime, I feel obligated to issue a cautionary note: If you ask the question, then there is probably SOMETHING about your setup that leaves some room for improvement. However, since I AM late to the party and since it's also been a couple of days since you've set Bruce up in his new home, I am pretty sure if there had been a lapse in security, he would have discovered it by now.

While the preceding paragraph might seem slightly contradictory in nature and even downright schizo in its content, if just ONE PERSON reading this might even ruminate over possible deficiencies in their own snake's enclosures that MIGHT prevent the heartache a lost pet can cause, then my little rant would be worth it a thousand times over!!!

In any case, WELCOME Jems and hope you & Bruce stick around for a while!!!

Cheers!!!

Old 08-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #12
klwegner
Bruce is a handsome little guy They are definitely escape artists!! I had an escapee the other day from a setup they have been in for 3 years with no problems. Took me an hour of going through it with a fine tooth comb to figure out that I had shut a piece of hanging vine in the lid (lift up lik) Gave him just enough room apparently. Thankfully had a good outcome! He had climbed on of my huge houseplants and poked his head out to say hi when I was watering it!

Old 08-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by klwegner View Post
Bruce is a handsome little guy They are definitely escape artists!! I had an escapee the other day from a setup they have been in for 3 years with no problems. Took me an hour of going through it with a fine tooth comb to figure out that I had shut a piece of hanging vine in the lid (lift up lik) Gave him just enough room apparently. Thankfully had a good outcome! He had climbed on of my huge houseplants and poked his head out to say hi when I was watering it!
Great example! And just the other day? I'd bet these little accidents occur a lot more frequently than we'd think!

Thanx for sharing!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape, housing