CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

shed advice

Old 03-17-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
Jessicat
shed advice

Latley my ghost which has had some sucessful sheds has had a bad shed. My other snake just had his first shed since aquiring him, and it looked as though only the top half of his skin sucessfully came off

I recently changed the place where I keep my snakes, so I was thinking maybe there's something different about their new residency that I don't know about. I'm thinking of giving them a humidity hide, but I'd like some advice..
should i put it on the warm or the room temperature side, and
how should i contruct it (should I just used moist moss?)
kay thanks

Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
Quigs
Sounds like you got it pretty much under control. I don't think it really makes much different which side it's placed on as long as it's in there.

I have taken an old clean sour cream container (butter tub, or the like), removed the lid, cut a small "V" shaped cutout from the top edge of the cup down.

Soak your spaghnum moss in a bowl or small bucket of warm/hot water for a few minutes or so and then wring it out real well by hand.

Fill your sour cream container up with the moist moss, put the lid back on and flip it over. Voila...moist hide!

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
Jessicat
thanks so much for the how to =)
can I get the moss at a local pet store?

Old 03-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
Quigs
pet store, garden center, nursery, etc

Maybe even at walmart? (plant department, not pets)

Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google