CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

New way to catch an escaped snake

Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 AM   #11
Pasodama
Just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea for someone who may find themselves in need!

Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 AM   #12
dwyn127
Great idea, but just make sure you don't loose that Lav Blood girl of yours.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #13
Austin M
That was my lav blood girl that was lost.
She is safe and sound now. I believe one of my sons buddies opened the lid and didn't lock it when they put it back on.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
wade
I agree

I think the smell thing really makes a difference. Over the years we have found most of our escapees in the bathroom. I think they are smelling the only source of water in the house.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
Sanebedlam
Very cool solution!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #16
serafino
Ha lol kind of I lost my hamster once found it in the bathroom. I guess animals like it because as someone has said they sense the water.
Ok back on topic I say the best way to find your snake is by never losing it in the first place lol. I always check that my enclosures are escape proof. I even go the extra yard and put weight on the tops even with something keeping the top from sliding. The best way to find your snake everyday in the same place is to never lose it in the first place. Ha that rhymes.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #17
Melissa32483
If I had two snakes escape in June because a friend neglected to put the clips back on top of their tank... do you think they could still turn up? I wish I would have found out about this method months ago. |

Old 09-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #18
Sanebedlam
Part of it depends on how old they are. An older snake can last for quite a while while a younger snake it might not be able to last as long. For me atleast I also make sure to check the enclosure myself and not let other people into it although I have had great success with the Zilla Critter Cage due to its very well designed lid that fits onto tracks so they can push up against it as much as they want and it does no good as you have to slide it out the front.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 PM   #19
Melissa32483
I saw a tank with a similar if not identical lid. I'm def considering investing in one. It's better than these stupid clips. I knew nothing about snakes when I bought my corn last year so everything is very basic.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #20
serafino
Ya its well worth the investment. Both of mine have sliding tops with a little whole so you can put in a plastic or metal pin to keep in from sliding out. If it doesn't come with a pin hole you can just drill a whole through the cover that when you put something through it it is on the inside of the cage and keeps it from sliding out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape