CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Where did you find your escaped snake?

Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 AM   #11
rip_tupac
Wow, I found mine under another tank thats a bit off of the table beside his. I didnt find him for a whole 24 hours.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #12
tbtusk
Thanks to everyone! Yeah, Joanna, it would have been disasterous if it were any snake, but this guy's so gorgeous, it would have been horrible. For all the rest of you who haven't seen her, we'll see what I can do about pictures of the little escape artist. I've been saying I'm going to get some pics for a good month now, so don't get your hopes up, but I'll try!

I'm interested that most, if not all, people who posted here found there snake in the same room as it's cage, except Flagg of course... Great story, by the way.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #13
diamondlil
I found one curled up in a handbag a while back

Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #14
mommyof2
Eddy's escaped twice. Both times I found him across the room from his viv in my closet. Both times he was on top of a cardboard box in the corner of the closet. The first time he was gone for about 24 hrs, the second time was just overnight.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #15
Kokopelli
Only my first ever Cornsnake managed to rush off on me... Thank goodness, but he managed the feat no less than 4 times.

Once I found him in my shoes... another, under a huge bag -outside- of the apartment... the third I don't recall but the fourth I certainly do as it was Surreal- I got back from work and on the floor's mat, in-front of the door he was coiled and stared at me... like some odd mimicry of a dog waiting for his owner to come back home.

Naturally he was less cooperative in being put back in his tank

Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #16
MerlinsPop
Knocking on my plastic laminated particle-board desk... I haven't lost Vern yet. But I did have a wee Northern Brown snake escape twice.
One time, I had a loose pile of newspapers near it's tank. I lifted one corner and shook gently, and out it slid (this was a day or two after the escape).
The second time it escaped, it was gone for at least a week. Since it ate feeder fish mostly, I put a bucket with 2 very ripe feeders at the bottom near the excaped from tank. I stacked books and things next to the bucket to give it a way up to the top, but once it feel in (it ate and did not regurge the fish!), it couldn't get out.
I was a terrible snake owner then... figured everything out by trial and error. It's a wonder that little thing survived my oafish attempts to learn proper husbandry.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
mele2511
My girlfriend lost her corn for over 2 months and then one day just came back .... seriously no

Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #18
texastailfeathers
Ooh, this is always a fun topic for me. I've found my escaped snakes in lots of interesting places:

Snakes & Birds

Bad Snake!

Snake + Dog = Good Times

Old 10-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #19
tbtusk
Ahh, there's the snakle and dog story! I can't imagine what that must have looked like, and I have to say I am a little surprised that the dog didn't break the snakes neck! Your very lucky, but what a story!

Thanks for posting Jennifer, and everyone else too.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #20
texastailfeathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtusk
Ahh, there's the snakle and dog story! I can't imagine what that must have looked like, and I have to say I am a little surprised that the dog didn't break the snakes neck! Your very lucky, but what a story!

Thanks for posting Jennifer, and everyone else too.
My dog was too shocked to really react, and the snake was too quick to be caught. It was great. One of the funniest things I've ever seen...well...besides the snake hanging off the side of my bird cage of course.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape