CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Disappeared Snake

Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #11
oldsnow
Well... I just built my rack system and got the whole thing accomplished for around 30 bucks.... Granted it is for hatchlings but money isn't really an issue when you do it yourself.... Also if you check out the DIY section under husbandry you can find loads of ways to build racks for dirt cheap (even if you are carpentry stupid)

Old 02-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #12
pridecity
Unfortunately, now I'm going to have to wait for the rack system because I'm being evicted. Because the neighbor's wife doesn't like snakes, they're moving. The landlord wants me to get rid of my snakes and I told him no, so I'm out. The racks will have to wait until I know the dimensions of the new snake room in the new house. I have a month to move and will hopefully be out in the next two weeks instead.

Is it just me, or do you agree that it's completely stupid to kick a person out because of one loose snake? A relatively non-aggressive small snake at that...

Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #13
kloe2008
Can't you just forget the rack, buy a large faunarium or something cheap and temporary (& small heat mat) to house your corns individually for the meantime? Surely that's priority, obviously you're having a hard time with landlord, (thats really not fair) but you should separate the snakes, i'm new but from what i've read from tons of different sources is that it's really detrimental to your snakes well-being, (reducing life-span, causing stress - leading to all sorts of illness, cannibalism - no matter how many cases have been reported it aint really worth the risk is it? & early breeding to name but a few), Just think about it

Old 02-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #14
pridecity
Except for the hatchlings, the corns are separated by size and sex (as of what they think they are at this time. Haha). Le me think about it over the next 24 hours when I'm not as stressed out.

Now, kloe2008, do you mean a big huge tank with heat tape and each snake in a deli cup/shoe box? Or would having everyone just in shoe boxes be okay? How would they be heated? Would they still need a hot end/cool end or would one constant temperature be sufficient? I feel dumb when I'm this stressed. Can't seem to understand simple advice. Lol

Old 02-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #15
oldsnow
This might help you out with the temp gradient question. I know I've checked this thread quite often and it has pretty much everything you could ever have a question about.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
kloe2008
I think maybe everyone in (secure) shoeboxes would be okay.. You'd still need a temp. gradient so snakey can digest & carry out different processes etc.. i'd place heat tape along one end of all the boxes with maybe some sorta home made hide either end....
But there members on here with years of experience with most likely better ideas... Keep checking out this forum, it'll help you millions. =]

Old 02-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #17
ceduke
That is ridiculous. I had a similar problem with a previous landlord and a dog. I hope you find a place quickly!

Maybe pick up some sterilite tubs while you're waiting on your rack to be picked up. I was just at a drugstore and they had a bunch for next to nothing.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:38 AM   #18
Lolo
I was just about to suggest Sterilite tubs... you can get a bunch for like $1-5 a piece, order a strip or two of flexwatt (around $10 per strip), and voila - you have temporary housing! That's what I do for my quarantined snakes, since I don't have a spare rack for them to hang out in. Good luck, and that does suck about your landlord.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escaped