CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

View Poll Results: what color cornsnake do u think looks beat
white 1 9.09%
black 2 18.18%
red 2 18.18%
other 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

breeding a king snake and corn snake

Old 01-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #1
ottomaan23
breeding a king snake and corn snake

I have a female corn snake and last year i read somewhere that they can breed with king snakes. Is this true?

Old 01-23-2004, 03:08 PM   #2
CAV
Yes it is possible. They are usually referred to as Jungle Corns.

WARNING: It is worth mentioning that discussion about crossing corns and kings can be quite volatile.

Old 01-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
Kat
If you're serious about making Jungles, the best person to talk to about how to do it is Dwight Good. It's a tricky process, or so I'm told... mainly because the cal king would generally rather eat the corn than mate with it.

-Kat

Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
anerythristic/okeete
I was thinking about doing this too but first i need a female king snake, I read somewhere that you rub a recent shed from one of the same species on the other one like male corn x female king you would rub recent female corn shed on female king,. Hope this helps

Old 12-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerythristic/okeete View Post
I was thinking about doing this too but first i need a female king snake, I read somewhere that you rub a recent shed from one of the same species on the other one like male corn x female king you would rub recent female corn shed on female king,. Hope this helps
This thread is almost ten years old.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
anerythristic/okeete
Your point is? It could still help someone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google