CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

How to keep an active snake enriched

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2022, 01:30 AM   #1
schnekkie
How to keep an active snake enriched

My little corn snake Krtek, (who I got a DNA test done on and it came back female!!) is very active. Her enclosure is a bit small but I have a nice big one on order with Animal Plastics and it should arrive in 3-4 months. I let her roam my dining room table whenever she wants out, and have lots of boxes stacked on it with little snake openings cut into them, some branches, a damp hide, and other misc items on the table. Last night she spent 6 hours roaming the table and also the living room and foyer, because I let her down and supervised as she explored. She wasn't ready to stop but I had to go to bed. She threw an adorable little tantrum while I tried to collect her. It's like having a toddler who eats mice. Tonight she's out and about again. My question is, is this enough? Are there more things I can do to make her world interesting? Is it as simple as rearranging the stuff of the table? Or putting some of the boxes on the floor along the wall and letting her find them in new places? Are there snake climbing toys? Snake puzzles? Are there smells snakes find interesting? Textures they seem to especially enjoy? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk