CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression Thread - Levi the Snow

Old 04-25-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
cinnabunbun
Progression Thread - Levi the Snow

Growth Diary for Leviathan the Snow. Breeder said he's about 3mo but he looks pretty teeny to me, then again this is my very first snake. Levi weights about 10 grams as of Sunday.

http://imgur.com/CmePqba
I need to figure out how to minimize the size of these pics.

http://imgur.com/LruabCu
Belly shot.

http://imgur.com/pTIscVn

http://imgur.com/YxEDyXs
Sam the Ham is his guard. Cool side left, Warm side right. Yes the humidity is crazy right now ): Cali is moist again.

He seems to be a climber so I'll add some more things for him to climb on. Here's to this journey!

Old 04-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
DollysMom
He's adorable. What a precious little guy.

You certainly have the old hatches battened down! He'll be hard pressed to escape that!

Old 04-25-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
cinnabunbun
LOL. Yeah I really don't feel like turning my apartment upside down. But yeah, thank you! I fell in love with him first sight, though I explored my options and decided that he's the one I want. Sorry for the cruddy quality, I took it with a Galaxy S4 Camera.

is 2-3 gram pinkies decent for him though? That's like. 1/4-1/5 of him!

Old 04-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
DollysMom
At 10 grams one 2 to 3 gram pinky is appropriate. Your pics are great. Not to worry!

Old 04-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #5
Dragonling
The first and last links are 404ing on me, but here are the other two resized. If you make an account (free!) you can keep all your uploads organized and have easier access to options for posting on forums, etc.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:50 AM   #6
cinnabunbun
I do have an Imgur account. I'll have to fix those later. And this is why ya don't upload pics on Imgur app. Argh!! Thanks for adjusting the actual viewable ones Dragonling!

The ledge where the handle is is somehow his new favorite spot.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #7
DollysMom
If there is a ledge they can fit, they will find it!

Old 04-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #8
Dragonling
If it makes you feel better, I had trouble with both the app and the website last night, so I think it may be something on their end.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #9
axis1
Whatta cute little guy (at the risk of being redundant)!

Hey, is he an albino? Can't see too clear through the screen. One of my adult corns has a similar pattern. I named him Bozo because the pink spot on his head used to cover his entire dome as if it were a clown's wig, but now that he is mostly grown out/up, it is more like a pink Yamaha. . uh, yamakka. . .er, uh . . .yarmulke (never knew how to formally or appropriately spell that word, so please do not take offense anyone!), but I think you get the picture.

So what do they call an albino with pink blotches? Just wondering, because Levi looks like my Bozo. I also have an albino with yellow stripes (named Lilly, since she does resemble the flower!) that become more pronounced after she sheds and especially NOW that it is mating season and she has recently mated with both Bozo and my motley bloodred, Chili-Pepper (think I pegged him correctly since he has both saddles or blotches AND stripes but has a brick-orange-red appearance). A surviving offspring of Lilly's & Chili's looks exactly like Chili, so I am assuming he is the papa (named him Ozzy).

Couldn't post any pics here but I do have some nice ones in an album in the public profile section if anyone is interested!

Later On!!!!!

Old 04-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #10
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis1 View Post
Whatta cute little guy (at the risk of being redundant)!

Hey, is he an albino? Can't see too clear through the screen. One of my adult corns has a similar pattern. I named him Bozo because the pink spot on his head used to cover his entire dome as if it were a clown's wig, but now that he is mostly grown out/up, it is more like a pink Yamaha. . uh, yamakka. . .er, uh . . .yarmulke (never knew how to formally or appropriately spell that word, so please do not take offense anyone!), but I think you get the picture.

So what do they call an albino with pink blotches? Just wondering, because Levi looks like my Bozo. I also have an albino with yellow stripes (named Lilly, since she does resemble the flower!) that become more pronounced after she sheds and especially NOW that it is mating season and she has recently mated with both Bozo and my motley bloodred, Chili-Pepper (think I pegged him correctly since he has both saddles or blotches AND stripes but has a brick-orange-red appearance). A surviving offspring of Lilly's & Chili's looks exactly like Chili, so I am assuming he is the papa (named him Ozzy).

Couldn't post any pics here but I do have some nice ones in an album in the public profile section if anyone is interested!

Later On!!!!!
Considering your use of "blizzard albino" and "butter albino" (which are partially redundant), I'm not sure all of your snakes are what you think they are. Lily and Bozo appear to be snows (amel + anery), while the other two do look like they could be motley diffused (though I think Ozzy might only be motley). The other hatchling photo is an amel, so Chili is at least het amel. Considering Ozzy appears to have a checkerless belly, it's likely that Lily is at least het motley or diffused (or both), but without closer pictures of her it's hard to tell.

"Albino" is a useful term for mammalian species whose primary pigmentation comes from a single source, but unfortunately folks tend to associate it with any white-colored mutant, and it just doesn't work with animals that express multiple types of pigment. An "albino" reptile is almost never white!

Let's move any further discussion of this to another thread though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, progression, snow corns