CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Looking for Love

Old 04-30-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
Frank Pinello
Looking for Love

A funny thing happen today when I was working with my corn snakes in my garage down here in South Florida. Around 6pm I went into my garage where I keep my corns to separate a lemon Tessera male from his honey striped mate that I place together about an hour earlier and saw confirmation evidence that they had locked up. After separating them I turned to the my work table next to my racks to log the mating date. But I found something else. Crawling across my log book on the table was a corn snake. At first I thought one escape the rack! No. It doesn’t look like any corn snake I have. Picked it up and realized it was a wild male corn finding his way to the female rack. Obviously looking for love.
He is a bit thin and maybe 30” long.
I felt bad that I didn’t have a mate for him. Kinda felt like a pimp trying to think who I can pair him with.
Plan to feed him tomorrow and then on Sunday releasing him by a nearby wooded area by a power line easement. Lots of mice living along the grassy area of the easement.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:56 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
He could probably smell the motherlode of females at your place from miles away!

Old 05-01-2021, 10:51 AM   #3
crackerhead
He thought he was in the Red Light District. lol

Old 05-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
SnakeCreations
That is fantastic! I'd love those kind of visitors

-Tonya

Old 05-01-2021, 10:00 PM   #5
Frank Pinello
I feed him a hopper this morning. Seems he spent the rest of the day coiled under newspaper in his own bin sleeping and digesting. Tomorrow it’s back to the real world but at a better location and not in my neighborhood.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google