CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

feeding and handiling question last

Old 09-11-2002, 12:21 AM   #1
lian
feeding and handiling question last

last question is there such a thing as too much handiling and my other question is when you put the snake in the other contaner for feeding how long should you give it to go for the pink say if it doesnt show any interest in ten minutes should i put it back in the tank sorry for the cofusing question earlyer thanks for all the answers lately it has been very helpful

Old 09-11-2002, 12:56 AM   #2
danz
I had that happen once, where I gave a corn a mouse and it was rejected. I ended up taking care of the mouse in a small pet container for a week before he was ready for it.

lian, check out the surrounding threads if you haven't already. There are threads that will answer your Q's

laterz!

Old 09-11-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
Jr Nimeskern
Yes do some research on this forum theres alot of info out there... but to awnser your question... to much handeling isnt always bad... it really depends on when you hold them... you shouldnt hold your corn for at least 2-3 days after they have eaten their meal... you shouldnt hold your snake when they are about to shed... you should always wash your hands before you hold your snake and wash your hands afterwards to make sure that you dont carry any diseases or parasites to your other snakes (of course if you dont have any parasites or diseases then you could skip this step)... but corns can be stressed out with "to much love"... but holding your corn isnt a bad thing only if it interfers with their digestion or shedding!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google