CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

What does this sound like???

Old 06-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
lilivoryflower
What does this sound like???

Ok, my little bloodred was always the most gentle, docile snake, would let me pick her up without a care, all that. Last night I tried to pick her up same as I always do and she FREAKED! She launched herself almost completely out of my hand, and would not stop wiggling wildly. scared the crap out of me, so i quickly put her back, and since then, she has been circling the viv with rapid toungue flicks and stopping to drink every minute or so (seems like a lot more drinking than usual). What do you guys think? She's never done this before.

P.S. - She was fed on Thursday, and pooped last night, all of it seemed normal

Old 06-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
DaemoNox
I think you just scared her as bad as she did you. Was she by chance sleeping?

Old 06-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
dawnrenee2000
I have a rat snake and a gray band that will both do this every now and then but are of absolutely perfect health and temperment normally. On those rare occasions, I go to take them out and they shoot out of the rack like an arrow and as I grab them mid air they do everything possible to get away from me. Its not an agressive type behavior from them, but clearly a high strung moment. I dont know what causes it either. But they never show any long term issues from it. Just part of their quirky personalities I guess!

Old 06-26-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
lilivoryflower
I suppose she could have been asleep. She has since stopped circling and gone back under her hide. I'll try to pick her up again a little later and see how it goes. Thanks guys!

Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
BeckyG
I'd leave her until tomorrow. Let her calm down a bit more.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
kathylove
We call it the "cat crazies" when the cats do it, so I suppose we should call this the "corn crazies", lol. Just happens sometimes - don't know why.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
lilivoryflower
lol, corn crazies, sounds about right. Thanks for the reassurence guys, glad to hear that I'm not the only one it's happened to!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google