CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

New baby feeding question!

Old 08-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #1
Nyrkorey
New baby feeding question!

So my lovely snake arrived Tuesday! On the container he can in, it says he was fed the 12th..he arrived Tuesday which was the 17th, I've been leaving him be in the tank to let him do his own thing and get comfortable. My question is.. since its not the 20th ao he has been in the tank for 3-4 full days, should I try and take him out to feed him since its been now 8 days since he has eatin! Or do I leave him be for the full week, I don't wanna scare him but I don't want him to be like 13 days without food!?

Old 08-20-2021, 07:35 PM   #2
chairman
If the snake is small enough to eat pink mice then it should be fed every 5 to 7 days. Corns are generally good eaters and will often eat the day they arrive. I'd try offering the snake food in its cage, or put it in a feeding container for a couple hours (long enough to get comfortable) and then offer food. Feeding at night usually helps, too.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Old 08-20-2021, 08:20 PM   #3
Nyrkorey
Okay very good, I have a those little hermit crab bin im going to put him in , put a pinky in there and leave him be for couple hours, then get him back in his tank!

Old 08-20-2021, 10:34 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
I like to leave them be for the full week. He won't starve in that time and you're more likely to have a successful first feed if he's had plenty of time to de-stress from his trip and fully explore his environment. You can certainly try earlier than that, but it's possible he may refuse.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
Nyrkorey
Okay I will leave him be, because I have only really see him once lol he hides most of the day when I go check, and at night I don't bother with the tank bc if he is out I don't wanna scare him, I let him do his thing at night! O just wish he was out more during the day, I wanna see him.so bad but poor guy stays hidden! And he has alot to hide in and by

Old 08-21-2021, 09:51 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
That's pretty typical. Even when he gets comfortable, you probably will almost never see him during the day. They're crepuscular, so generally active in the evening and early morning.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:33 AM   #7
Nyrkorey
Feeding

So today is my first feeding day! He has been home for a week, so I get home late from work today probably around 9-915pm .. his lights go off around 8, so is it ok too feed him when I get home that late? I wanna make sure I can turn the light on and get him out at like 930 to feed him. Or should I just wait for Wednesday when I can feed him at a more normal time

Old 08-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #8
hypnoctopus
Yeah you can feed him after work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google