CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2022 BrightHope pairings

Old 07-09-2022, 12:28 AM   #71
Caryl
Artephius x Princess Irene's babies have all pipped, and most have emerged. I'll admit I'm scratching my head a bit. Not an Amel- based morph, not a Stripe nor a Motley. Princess Irene's dam is Tulip, who's Amel Stripe het Anery, Caramel. Years ago, Artephius and Tulip produced a Butter which was either Cube or Motley. (At that time I wasn't confident on my ability to determine which and I have no pics. ) This is admittedly a small sample size, just 14 eggs, but I'm still surprised. I was hoping to find out if Artephius was het Motley or het Stripe. Guess that will have to wait. Still pretty happy with these babies.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 07-09-2022, 03:08 PM   #72
Frank Pinello
Some in the photos look to be masque...?

Old 07-09-2022, 08:32 PM   #73
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
Some in the photos look to be masque...?
Spot on, Frank. I sorted through them all today and got weights and genders. There are 2.3 Caramels including a male Caramel Masque, 2.0 Diffused Caramel Masque, 2.0 Classic, 4.1 Diffused including 2.0 Diffused Masque. Anybody not homozygous Caramel and/or Diffused is het for those. All of them are ph Amel, Anery, & Stripe from their dam, regardless of Artephius's contribution.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:48 PM   #74
Caryl
Oh BTW, Frank, quite a few of the babies in the Artephius x Esperanza clutch are Masque as well. I think I left that info out. Both of them have produced Masque babies with non-Masque partners but I don't see any Supers. We've begun the fun and challenging process of deciding whom to keep. Got 6.12 Artephius x Esperanza babies, 10.4 Artephius x Princess Irene babies, and 9.10.1 Baldr x Tulip Stripes. Awaiting two more clutches, along with a few eggs from second clutches and Sceptre's egg.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:02 PM   #75
Frank Pinello
Sounds like Christmas morning at your place.
Another week for me before the fun starts.
First clutch due is a second year breeding of a het palmetto / het Amel x same.
Last year they produced 10 classics possible hets and 1.1 palmettos and 1.0 Amel palmetto(bug eyed). The last one to pip was the Amel palmetto so I was Starting to doubt the parents were het Amel until I saw the eyes of that little Amel palmetto looking out from the egg.

Old 07-10-2022, 02:49 PM   #76
Caryl
Love these self-opening presents! We're having one of those drawn-out Christmases.
You know, the kind where you celebrate at school, a few days later you celebrate at church, then celebrate at home, then a week later your cousins come from far away and you celebrate again.

I can certainly see why you'd be wondering about the hets of your pairing last year. Had to be a big relief when your Amel Palmetto hatched. It does go to show that odds are only potential outcomes. So many seem to act as though they are absolutes. Hopefully the Odds Diety will push things more in your favor this year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google