CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Hatchrite

Old 05-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #11
MegF.
I put enough water that it lightly clumps when you squeeze it. Put the eggs in there...you can bury them if you want, I leave the tops visible to check their condition. If they are in a big clump though, I bury all but the top. I place a slightly damp moss on the top of them and close the lid. I rarely have to add water because with the lid closed and sealed, the moisture stays in. I add if the tub starts seeming a little light in weight or the perlite seems super dry. You can just add a bit of warm water to the sides and the perlite will take the moisture without soaking the eggs. As long as the eggs aren't directly in the water, you can't drown them in perlite. Vermiculite though clings to the eggs when it gets too wet and will drown them. I've never had a problem with the perlite ever. As long as your egg tub seals well, you shouldn't have to do more than check them every so often.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
neiman07
aww, well thank you that helps alot!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
hatchrite, incubation