CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Sold as Ultra Motley Het Anery & Caramel // Future Breeding Projects

Old 09-10-2022, 08:31 PM   #1
Jangles
Sold as Ultra Motley Het Anery & Caramel // Future Breeding Projects

After looking at some posts and videos on Ultra, Ultramel, and other hypo lines, I was hoping to get validation that this snake was properly labeled by the breeder. Sadly, I don't recall the breeder's name but I do have the lid that came on the container that the snake was sold in at a local expo. If you recognize the coding on the lid, please let me know.

Picture key:

1. Container lid as mentioned. (Born 7/1/21)
2. Mid Sept. '21.
3. End of Nov. '21.
4. Top down 9/10/22.
5. Belly shot 9/10/22.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:41 PM   #2
Jangles
Here's another belly shot with the tail also taken today (9/10/22).

Does this tail length point to male?

Regarding future projects, I also have an adult blizzard that was sold as a male. If it turns out that I have an ultramel and not ultra, then I think I wills immediately get some interesting first gen offspring.

But I've thought about getting another snake that might do interesting things with the ultra (or ultramel). Looking for recommendations here.

Some other morphs or line breeds that I think are really neat are:

Lavender
Coral
Orchid
Miami
Blood Red
Something red and black only? Okeetee without the orange?
Something red and white without the orange? Candycane?

Thanks.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:55 PM   #3
Jangles
Added a couple close ups for eye color. I seem to recall more or a ruby color when I got the snake but won't swear on that. My camera flash ads redeye and the plant lights that I tend to have on might have been playing tricks on me.

Also, could this motley be a motley stripe?

Old 09-10-2022, 11:00 PM   #4
Frank Pinello
It definitely looks like it’s labeled correctly but altras and altramels are difficult to differentiate and to know for sure you would have to do a breeding trial. The tail looks female but still maybe too young to confirm visually.
If you breed it with your blizzard and get both both Amels and ultramels then you can confirm she is an altramel but if you get all altramels then you know she is homo altra.
Of course you have to assume the label is correct on the hets until you test in breeding trials.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:26 AM   #5
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangles View Post

Also, could this motley be a motley stripe?
Just wanted to address this. It's possible, but there's no way to look at visual Motley and determine that it's het Stripe. You'd have to know the parentage, or prove it with a breeding trial. There's no reason to assume that Stripe is present in one coded as Motley.

You acquired some pretty snakes at that show, Jangles.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2022, 09:42 AM   #6
Jangles
thank you!

Old 07-21-2023, 10:44 AM   #7
Jangles
Here's a new pic of Hiss Elizabeth

Old 07-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #8
blacktip
She's growing nicely!

Old 07-27-2023, 02:00 AM   #9
Jangles
I got some information about the snake's parents from the breeder. Mom is Motley-Stripe het Amel, Anery, and Hypo. Dad was Coral Ghost Stripe het Amel.

Old 07-27-2023, 02:22 AM   #10
Jangles
I think what I have is likely Hypo/Strawberry (het for each and share allele so visually between the two) Motley/Stripe het Anery poss het Amel.

What do you think?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google