CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Need advice. Please help!

Old 01-17-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
SidVicious
Need advice. Please help!

Just received my baby corn. Have a beautiful enclosure set up for it, with Josh’s Frogs cork tile background (see image). It seems my snake has made the network of cracks in this background his hide. He won’t come out of it. Should I do anything in particular to get him out? Was thinking of dropping room temperature to coax him out and force him to use warm hide I made for him.

Thoughts?

Old 01-17-2023, 10:25 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
You can try luring him out with a hot pinkie. But otherwise, I'd just give him some more time. Check a few times each evening to see if he's come out to hunt.

Old 01-17-2023, 11:10 PM   #3
Rich Z
Well, was your cage design with the snake's comfort and security in mind, or did you just want to be able to sit and stare at him whenever you want to?

Many snakes are not comfortable just sitting out in the open where in the wild that would mean being an easy meal for a predator.

Over time he will likely get used to you being around and won't be so shy, but that may take some time.

Sometimes you have to choose between what is best for the animal and what is best for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google