CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Grilling!!

Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #11
Jeff Linkchorst
If I wasn't hungry before. I am really Hungry now. I still have not tried this meal

Steph that burger looks good too.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #12
desertanimal
OMG the burger is so delicious. I'm not really even a burger fan! But you must grind your own meat so that it doesn't get smooshed. That's the key.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #13
MysticExotics
Great thread Nanci! I must get one or both of those grills!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #14
Nanci
Heather, the Cuisinart inside is just _so_ convenient. It's small enough to leave sitting on the stove top, or it fits in the drawer if I am feeding snakes and need the room. Yes, I feed snakes on the stove. I've cooked a bunch of stuff on it- I use it almost daily. Love it.

But I like sitting outside and grilling, too, and sometimes would like to do veggies _and_ meat, or big meat like the tenderloins. It's infrared, whatever that means...When I read the reviews, people said it was hard to put together. It was not. It had the clearest directions to assemble something that I had ever seen. It took about an hour, with me watching a TV show at the same time. And I also read that people thought it took a long time to heat up, or didn't get hot enough. It takes 15 minutes to get to 550F. And I have it on a pretty long extension cord- maybe 15 feet or so. (It has to reach a GFI outlet).

Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #15
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Heather, the Cuisinart inside is just _so_ convenient. It's small enough to leave sitting on the stove top, or it fits in the drawer if I am feeding snakes and need the room. Yes, I feed snakes on the stove. I've cooked a bunch of stuff on it- I use it almost daily. Love it.

But I like sitting outside and grilling, too, and sometimes would like to do veggies _and_ meat, or big meat like the tenderloins. It's infrared, whatever that means...When I read the reviews, people said it was hard to put together. It was not. It had the clearest directions to assemble something that I had ever seen. It took about an hour, with me watching a TV show at the same time. And I also read that people thought it took a long time to heat up, or didn't get hot enough. It takes 15 minutes to get to 550F. And I have it on a pretty long extension cord- maybe 15 feet or so. (It has to reach a GFI outlet).
I had to re-read that sentence...I initially pictured you grilling pinkies for the snakes....ugh, I *need* a glass of wine...

Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 AM   #16
MysticExotics
P.S. don't forget your healthy fats...if you read Primal Blueprint (MarksDailyApple.com) they actually have a higher (healthy) fat intake than Robb Wolf's Paleo plan.
The thing is, if you increase your (healthy) fat intake, your body becomes more accustomed to burning fat for fuel & you end up burning of existing fat in the process.
For before workouts, I have protein & fat (scrambled eggs & avocado) & after workout is protein & "carbs" (usually chicken & veggies).
That would help put my body in "burning fat mode" & I burned off more of "my" fat that way.
It's also good to just start your day with protein & fat, for similar reason, your body starts burning fat as fuel.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
OkeeteeMom
omlard...I'm going to to death!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
VickyChaiTea
Oh my goooooosh that looks amazing. ;____; I've been really getting into cooking recently and I just made ribs on Valentines day. Unfortunately I did not have time to make my own sauce BUT IT WAS GOOD! Your stuff looks better though. XD

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google