CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

My FIRST PIPPY EVER!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #31
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
I see the egg tooth so I bet you do too! If this one pops male & you're not keeping it, I'm FIRST in line!
Hey - what about me? Buzztail is my snake....
JK Betsy - I wasn't planning on keeping anything from this clutch with Nanci unless there is something outstanding in there that I just HAVE to have.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #32
Nanci
Oh I've been checking mine daily since Day 53!! Then I started in with twice a day at about Day 60. My other clutch has eggs that are denting- so I don't know if they are getting ready to hatch or finally going bad, and I checked them this morning, but not the Pepper/Buzztail eggs. What a surprise! There was no clue yesterday!!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #33
Nanci
Are you saying Number One isn't outstanding??

Old 07-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #34
Ricky87
Congratulations Nanci!!...You must be thrilled to see it's a Bloodred!. Best of luck with the rest of them and kudos on doing so well with the eggs!.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #35
desertanimal
LOL! You guys are very funny! Congrats on your first pippie, Nanci! It's fun, isn't it?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #36
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal View Post
LOL! You guys are very funny! Congrats on your first pippie, Nanci! It's fun, isn't it?
Ha ha ha! You have no idea how much stress I've been under!!! I am so THRILLED to see one little snakie you wouldn't believe it!!! I'm _never_ candling eggs again, Miss Look At My Beautiful Snake Fetus Video!! (Meant in an envious way!!)

Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #37
carol
Congrats Nanci!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
the baby is a bloodred- so that means daddy Pepper is FOR SURE bloodred!!!
Don't you need the whole clutch to hatch to be sure?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #38
Nanci
I wasn't really worried about him only being het bloodred. I talked to Rich Hume about him. I was confident that if Pepper was the snake Rich hatched, he was homo blood. I was a _teensy_ bit worried, thanks to someone planting the thought in my head, that a snow stripe might have been substituted by the seller, who was not Rich. I've been worrying about that for a year and a half. Rich's blood stripe breeding group is all homo bloodreds.

SO- a pair of Pepper/Buzztail offspring will _only_ produce avalanches, not snows. (And bloodreds, fires and granites, 50% striped!)

Old 07-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #39
carol
Ah..... I get it!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #40
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel View Post
Hey - what about me? Buzztail is my snake....
JK Betsy - I wasn't planning on keeping anything from this clutch with Nanci unless there is something outstanding in there that I just HAVE to have.
Don't worry, I just want to be first in line after the owners! Nanci's very first hatchling HAS to stay in the cs.com family so I figured I'd make sure of that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google