CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Pepper x Buzztail Granite/Bloodred Hatchlings *World Premiere!!*

Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #41
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by admitchell08 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she has these snakes spoken for before they even get a meal in them!
Oh, I think that's clear. The squabbling will be going on before they shed & eat!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #42
Nanci
There was another hatchling waiting for me when I woke up this morning!! Presenting Baby H- the First To Bite! This baby is a fiesty!! Baby H weighed in at 10 grams- but my baby scale died so I had to weigh him in the big snake scale. It is only accurate to 1.0 grams, I think, not 0.1.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #43
Nanci
Then when I got home after stopping at Petsmart to buy 11 water bowls...I found these two bloodreds! This leaves one egg from the clump un-pipped, and the five single eggs un-pipped. The single eggs are 30% larger than the eggs in the clump, I'd estimate.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #44
Nanci
Weighing in at 10 grams, Baby I!!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #45
Nanci
And finally, weighing in at 10 grams, Baby J. I wish I had my good scale- but it seems like the later they emerge, the bigger they are. It will be interesting to see how big the rest are, if/when they hatch.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #46
Nanci
Baby J says "I want to come live with _you_!!" XOXOXOX

Old 07-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #47
Stormy
Cute babies! And what is a carpet slider snuggler?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #48
Nanci
All my racks (on carpet) are on those plastic slidey things for moving furniture, called furniture sliders. So they are easy to move around. So when you buy a big pack of them at Home Depot or wherever, to get the big plastic ones I want, they come in a pack with four big plastic sliders and four soft furry sliders for sliding on hardwood floors. So- I didn't have a use for those, but didn't throw them away, and they make nice hatchling hides!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #49
Nanci
Here's how Number One's bin started out...(now it has a little pile of moist moss, too). Other babies have clumps of shredded craft paper, little boxes, etc. I found out that if you cut toilet paper tubes in half, they go flat.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #50
Nanci
Here's the Hatchling Hotel, looking a lot more lived-in than the last time I posted it!! The Pepper x Ruby clutch is on the right. The left side has the lav het pewter stripe babies, and if any of the El Wray x Cherry clutch hatches, they will go on the left.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google