CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Sizes for UTH

Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
ReclusiveDemon
Sizes for UTH

There's a few different sizes that UTH's come in, obviously. I have a Corn Snake in a 20 gallon long, and my lights keep on giving me a hard time. I've decided to go ahead and purchase some quality heating equipment.

got me a Reptitherm Heat Pad and a Spyder Thermostat to regulate it. The pad is 11 x 11, and the cage is 30 X 12 x 12. My question is if the size of the heat pad is too large? Most things I've read say to only cover about a third, but this is a little more, but less than half. I just want to make sure everything is all good, and so I don't cook my Corn.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
tspuckler
It's close enough, 1/3 is just a guide. I'd be sure to have the heating pad on some sort of dimmer switch and use a thermometer to check the temperature of the hot spot.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Alicia P
A third would be 10x12 yours will be covering 11x12, one inch will not make a difference.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google