CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Maintaining cool temp al summer

Old 02-24-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
ThePuzzleMaker
Maintaining cool temp al summer

Hello guys, I am a fairly new reptile keeeper but i`ve been researching for almost 2 years before getting my first corn so I feel pretty confident about my care and setup (my corn is completely fine so no worries there).

I always have my warm end at a steady 29 celsius (84F) and my cool end between 20 and 23C (68-73F) but I am currently experiencing my first summer as a reptile keeper and realized that my "cool" end is around 28C (82F) so its not really cool anymore. Should I be worried and install a fan right away so it lowers the temperature or just leave it there?

What do you guys do to keep the temperature gradient in summer?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Old 02-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #2
SnakeSmithS
Personally, I would not be concerned about a gradient of 82-84F. Plenty of keepers who use ambient room temperature (rather than heaters and a gradient), set their thermostats at ~82 year round (not including brumation of course, which many do in a separate room). My only concern is that your "cool end" is a bit on the cool side. Most sources suggest a gradient from 75-85F, although nighttime drop to near 70 is typically considered OK. Hope this is helpful

Old 02-27-2021, 06:20 AM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
I have an Air Conditioner I set to 73 in the Summer. Therefore the cage stays 73 too except where the heater is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google