CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

IMG tag functionality?

Old 04-13-2002, 01:45 AM   #1
Serpwidgets
IMG tag functionality?

Tried posting a pic with the (vbcode) IMG tag and it only supplied a link to the picture.

It wasn't doing this before. Has this been changed on purpose?

Old 04-13-2002, 02:46 AM   #2
Rich Z
Nope

I didn't change anything. I did a test pic in the test area using the IMG button and it seemed to work OK for me.

Old 04-13-2002, 02:59 AM   #3
Serpwidgets
weird...

It worked with my incubator pics, too. For some reason only that one post was doing it... I'll try editing it. Thanks.

(added)Interesting... it was the ampersand in the filename of the image. I renamed the file and changed the post. It works now.

Old 04-13-2002, 12:48 PM   #4
Rich Z
That probably explains it..

Special characters, like ampersands, are best to avoid in most of the more advanced message board systems. Most of them are using mySQL as the backend, and the SQL queries used to build the search string can choke up on many of the special characters.

Even things like user names, passwords, and the like can cause some problems, so it is best to avoid them if at all possible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google