CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Live Feeding

Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #121
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff
I think the only thing that is clear at this point is HaisseM just likes to argue for the sake of it. Many of the points are such stretches and barely sensible that's the only explanation I can think of. I say just ignore and the boredom will drive it somewhere else.
Man I wish I had the guts to say that, maybe I am by agreeing with you. I will admit some days this type of thread amuses me, but really in the long run it is tedious and draining. susang

Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #122
HaisseM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff
I think the only thing that is clear at this point is HaisseM just likes to argue for the sake of it. Many of the points are such stretches and barely sensible that's the only explanation I can think of. I say just ignore and the boredom will drive it somewhere else.
Wow, I only wish that was true, but ok.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #123
Duff
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaisseM
Wow, I only wish that was true, but ok.
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA... I'm not listeniiinnng... LA LA LA LA LA LA

Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #124
Blue Apple Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol
I never knew that! Thank you. So what do animals have in place of a cell wall?
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by batwrangler
Google is my friend: cell membrane.
They only have a cell membrane; plants also have membranes as well, but they also have cell walls.

And to keep this post OT; there really is no need to feed your snake live food; especially if they're eating f/t just fine. That being said, most live feeding mis-haps happen because of owner error, not necessarily because it's intrinsically bad. After all, these are wild animals and they eat live animals in the wild. But most of the horror stories you hear of are people who leave a rodent over night or in for a couple of days. That is beyond irresponsible.

If you must feed live, watch the snake to make sure it actually eats the mouse; if it doesn't eat it within a couple of minutes, remove the mouse right away. You don't want your snake to become another horror story.

But yeah, there is no reason to do it, so don't.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #125
starsevol
Susan, I am very sorry to hear about your grandbabies, that is just awful.

I have never used the ignore button on this forum til now. And I must say it works great. Just like flushing a toilet, WHOOSH!!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #126
mele2511
Wow i stated a bit of a hornets nest with that question. Thanx for the advice and yes i think you are right that it is best not to feed live.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #127
hartsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by mele2511
Wow i stated a bit of a hornets nest with that question. Thanx for the advice and yes i think you are right that it is best not to feed live.
Good for you! good luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #128
Wis_fishing_guy
I agree with starsevol!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google