CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

I REALLY hate to complain,,,,,,,,,(complaining to follow)

Old 04-05-2002, 12:27 AM   #1
Sheri
I REALLY hate to complain,,,,,,,,,(complaining to follow)

,,,,,,,,,and I thought I loved the site emailing me until my inbox started filling up with messages saying someone has replied to my post,,one I never posted to start with! Or I get an email saying someone replied to my post, when really it's someone in the thread replying to someone ELSES post that is completely off topic now.

Make sense? Anyone else? Are there more specific options for this feature or is it a turn on/turn off sort of thing,,,,,,,another case of gains outweighing losses??? (As also stated in HTML abuse thread).

Sheri =o)

Old 04-05-2002, 02:10 AM   #2
Serpwidgets
That's an option...

Click on the "user cp" button at the top of this page. In the Edit Options screen, you will see:

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Select "no" and those emails should stop.

What I did was set up my email to filter all of those to a separate folder, so I can go through them without having to read through other non-related stuff, and vice versa.

Old 04-05-2002, 04:31 AM   #3
Iris
Wow Serpwidgets that's smart. I just come in whenever and click on all the threads and separate discussions and read the first couple on the list. THey're usually the newer ones.

Old 04-05-2002, 09:58 AM   #4
Sheri
Thanks Serp!!!!! Found it! =o) nm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google