CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Post pics of your "snake room"!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
wax32
Post pics of your "snake room"!

I'll start:

Re-purposed racks that work pretty well for what I use them for. [FREE IS GOOD] The shoe boxes hold this year's hatchlings, the rack they are in holds up to 20 shoe boxes. The zebra striped bowl on the vitamin water rack is my favorite type of bowl, it comes from Wal-mart and costs $4.50, it's made of melamine and cannot tip over. Every time I go to Wal-Mart I buy all that they have. They are by the dog and cat bowls. The heater is also from Wal-Mart and keeps the room a balmy 80 degrees or so. I don't use any other heat for most of the corns. I have flex watt under the BP's, set at 98 degrees.

The metal rack from Lowe's holds my adults, including my BP's. The smaller rack is from Reptile Basics, looks like they don't even make that one anymore. It houses up to yearlings. This one has flexwatt in the back and is set at about 83 degrees. (I have some of this years hatchlings in there plus my 07 hypo-blood that is still small.) I have my BP's paired up in this photo, so far no joy, I think the male is a little young/small.

This is a "Computer Desk" that got re-purposed. Serves as my photo studio/hatchling feeding area. The 20 gallon critter cage has my 15 year old cali-king in it. He is inside the newspaper. No really, I have a king snake! LOL You can see my cheap incubator under the table, works just fine. Only thing in it right now are Greta's second clutch of eggs that she dropped in her water bowl. They probably won't do anything, but it isn't hurting me to try! The little stacks of colored bowls are from Petco and cost a buck each. They are perfect for hatchlings as they serve as water bowl and hide all in one (the bottom is hollow). I buy out petco whenever I am in there, can't have too many.

Share your photos! Feel free to comment, ask questions.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
sinisterserpents1
Here is a link to our old room. I call it 'old' because we have sold a lot of the bigger tanks/set ups and are building lots more racks. We are in the process now, so I can't post pics yet. But I am going to do a before and after when we get done!!!! Yours is very neat! Good idea for the hatchling rack!

Ok so here is the link bc I'm too lazy to copy and paste pics haha!

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87144

Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
wax32
I like your snake room, must be pretty big, my room is a little cramped. I do like that my room has access to the backyard though.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
sinisterserpents1
Ugh I wish mine had access to the back yard. But we do have a bathroom right outside of it haha

Old 06-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
Nanci
This is my living room: (Plus there are three 20's and eight 10's scattered around the house...) Actually I have the racks rearranged now so the left-most rack is Noah and isolation, the middle two are females, and the right-most two are males. The middle two and the right two are on the same thermostats, per pair. I also have any "back-up" snakes split up from the main project snakes- so for instance Ruby and Pepper are in different racks, so if there is a heating malfunction hopefully I won't lose the whole project. Mango and Bacon are separate. Adlai and The Dingo are separate. I guess there aren't any back-up females! I have the snakes also sorted for heat-tolerance- with the younger, smaller snakes in the middle and the breeding males in the cool bottom, and Noah and Jewel up in the top. All the little containers up top are the feeding bins.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Nanci
This is the baby rack if I ever manage to hatch a snake...This is in my bedroom.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
wax32
Wow Nanci! I like your big "display" type tubs. Looks like you are ready to go! I wish we had a bigger house, so I could display some snakes instead of keeping them in the back room like some dirty little secret.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterserpents1 View Post
Ugh I wish mine had access to the back yard. But we do have a bathroom right outside of it haha
Bathroom is across the hall. My wife is always yelling at me, "come get these bowls out of here!"

I take the tubs outside and hose them out, we have a big concrete picnic table that makes a good work surface for that sort of thing.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
This is the baby rack if I ever manage to hatch a snake...This is in my bedroom.
Did you make this rack? It's really nice.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
Nanci
The adult racks are Animal Plastics Economy Plastic 64 qt Sterilite, and the baby racks are Reptile Basics Iris Shoeboxes. All the stickers are off now- I was just excited! And I'm saving up TP rolls!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google