CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Post pics of your "snake room"!

Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #41
CrousesCorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
And you've found it to be escape-proof? They seem a little bit looser than I expected, but the guy from RB swore there had never been any escapes of hatchling corns.
So far I have had one escape from the rack and it was my fault. I purchased a 50/50 Cal King and I drilled the holes in the bin too big. The little fella forced his way out through the hole. He was lost for a few days. We finally found him and placed him in a different bin in the same rack. He has never gotten out again.

He didn't have a name when this happened. After we got him back we called him "Scout" since he scouted out the house.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #42
EsotericForest
Apparently I need to take a trip to Ikea haha

Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #43
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorgrim View Post
Oh man that would be my worst nightmare ):

Other peoples set ups are so impressive!
I wish I had time and money to go crazy on a lot of snakes. Its hard enough to go on vacation without worrying about these 3! How much do you all think that impacts your heating and cooling in your home? That looks like it could get toasty after a while.

Here's my "room" its actually just my living room next to our sofa so we can watch them, them us, and the people across our apartment complex can see them through our windows. The red glow at night im sure makes it look like we've got a meth lab going on in here.

My collection is far smaller than most peoples' here but still! a collection it is

Thumbs up for small but still awesome, and color change led's from Ikea <3

Great set-up! Very clean looking. If I had room in the living room, I'd display a couple even though tanks are a PITA to clean.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #44
wax32
Quote:
There's a good article on the Herpstat (spyderrobotics) website about how to set up a back-up.
Thanks Nanci, I think I've read that, but I'll go look again. I think I know the general plan.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #45
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrousesCorns View Post
So far I have had one escape from the rack and it was my fault. I purchased a 50/50 Cal King and I drilled the holes in the bin too big. The little fella forced his way out through the hole. He was lost for a few days. We finally found him and placed him in a different bin in the same rack. He has never gotten out again.

He didn't have a name when this happened. After we got him back we called him "Scout" since he scouted out the house.
Always MELT holes in your tubs/bins with a soldering iron, clean and small.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #46
wax32
Quote:
And you've found it to be escape-proof? They seem a little bit looser than I expected, but the guy from RB swore there had never been any escapes of hatchling corns.
My RBI rack seems a little loose too, but just hatched babies can't get out.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #47
CrousesCorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax32 View Post
Always MELT holes in your tubs/bins with a soldering iron, clean and small.
Lesson learned and the soldering iron it what I use now.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #48
Old_School
okay, my turn

and one of the incubators that are kept in the basement

Old 06-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #49
Nanci
Too beautiful...

Old 06-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #50
Nanci
Here's a new picture of mine now that the snakes have been distributed as in my first post! I still have some holes to melt...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google