CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Post Your Viv!!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #61
Gulf Coast Girl
BLUTENGEL ..... FOR THE WIN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel View Post
My snake apartments in the living room:

The ones in the computer room:

The vivs in the computer room are on a table now, but will be put on wheeled shelfs so I'll have two more rows of vivs to buy this year

Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #62
Dairik
WOW, all these makes me NOT want to go to a rack system any more ... all so beautiful!!

Old 11-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #63
decadence
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadence View Post
I have this set-up in most cages, a hide, a hide made of a plastic cup, a vine, water bowel and tree. I have the tree in most cages and it's scared me a few times.

Albie vanished from my cage one time, i pulled everything out and cleaned the aspen out and everything..i could not find Albie anywhere. I finally noticed that on the bottom of the tree there is a hole where he got into somehow. took me awhile to get him out, had to use a pinkie to lure him out haha.

Bandit (who's no longer with us) was coiled up on one of the branches one time when i took everything out of the cage to clean it. i looked in the hole and couldn't see him so i set the tree on the table and started looking around on the floor, behind the bookshelf, movie shelves, tv, under the couch etc etc etc etc....finally i thought he was just gone...so i continued to clean the cage and to look for him more once i got it all back in and when i grabbed the tree off the table to put it back i noticed little bandit coiled up on one of the branches...i had a pretty good laugh on that one..

Now all my trees are stuffed with paper towels so they can't get in the hole.

This picture is taken of the cage Dorky is in right now...if you notice the tape strips on the bottom right of the cage on the vent thing that is where Dorky got into because it used to always pop open when closing and opening the cage, i thought i lost him as well, took me awhile to find him in there..never thought of looking.

Vine and Hammock.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:04 AM   #64
SnakeAround
Wow thanks Gulf coast girl

Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #65
Haarstad
Decadence- Loving the additions!

Blutengel-That's crazy... What kind of cages are those? And with the sliding glass front, isn't there a gap in between the two pieces that something can get out? I saw that someone else had those on another site and i wasn't a member so i couldn't ask him. So i'm glad that you posted this

Old 11-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #66
SnakeAround
Thanks Those are Herpteks, imported through an exclusive dealer from the USA. There is indeed a gap in between the glass doors, so if I put a smaller snake in, I'll close it or at least make it smaller with self adhesive (soft) anti draught strips.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #67
Haarstad
Ok, and one more question. Have you looked at the Boaphile?

Old 11-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #68
Haarstad
Should probly give you the link so you know what i'm talking about lol

Old 11-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #69
SnakeAround
No, they are not available over here as far as I know. Importing them myself would have been very expensive.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #70
Haarstad
Oh, ok. You have an amazing set up and someday i'm gonna be that organized

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
setup, terrarium, vivarium