CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

CornSnakes Forum on Tapatalk!!! Thank you, Rich!!!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Nanci
CornSnakes Forum on Tapatalk!!! Thank you, Rich!!!!!

I think this would be of huge benefit for the many of us who browse the forum on our iPhones. I ran across it while I was at my eye doctor today, browsing an iPhone forum. I downloaded it just for fun, and it is amazing! So simple to use. It provides super-easy access to forums compared to any of the browsers that can be used on the iPhone.

I already checked- it's compatible with our version of v-bulletin. The info I can find says you don't have to install anything to v-bulletin, just enable it.

There is a forum about it, with a special section for forum owners.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Can we please please please please please get this??? I will do any amount of research into it that you need! There are already over 10,000 forums that use it, including many I am a member of. (But not this one, and CS is the one that counts!!!)

Here is the promotional info from the site:

Tapatalk for iPhone

Tapatalk for iPhone provides full forum access on iPhone including ability to check private messages, upload photos from your camera and ability to search forum, etc. All with super-fast direct forum access at only $2.99.

Tapatalk for iPhone was released on July 2009 with over 30 updates until now. It is currently ranked as Top 10 Social Networking app in Apple app store in United States, England, German, Spain, Sweden, Australia, Canada and in many other countries.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and SMF forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Jdog3131
I think this is a very good idea.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
ratsncorns
I found this yesterday while looking up ball-pythons.net because they use this app. Its great! I was just thinking this yesterday it would be great if CS had it! Too bad the app itself is $2.99.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Nanci
RFUK has it. TiPb has it (the nice iPhone forum). The gecko forum I joined but never read has it. Pangea or whatever it is. Tons of reptile forums, not to mention everything else. I was hoping Lori's fish forum was on there, so she could tell what it was like from an owner's POV, but there were 125 fish forums, and I didn't know the name.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
Rich Z
This has already been discussed here. I doubt anything has changed from my programmer's perspective since August.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103519

Old 12-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #7
Nanci
I remember that now. But that was before I tried the app! Oh well.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
Susan
I have no say in the matter as I don't even own a cell phone and have no use for one 360 days/year.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #9
Nanci
It's not about the phone! I think I used 30 minutes or something last month. And that was a lot. But I like my Internet access everywhere, 24 hours a day!! And as soon as I'm eligible for an upgrade, I'm getting an iPhone 4, or maybe even 5. The camera is just incredible!! And I have 275 apps on it. It is SO useful. If only there was a Degei app, it would be a perfect world...

Take PayPal, for instance. At a recent Repticon, I purchased frozen mice, paid the vendor using the PayPal app in my phone, had the e-mail receipt right there for him to see. VERY soon you will be able to deposit a check by taking a photograph of it. After reptile shows we can use the phone to find out what restaurants are near by. At Daytona, I used it to call in my snake advisors for second opinions on an imminent purchase, by texting. If I'm out, doing something, and find a snake, it can be on my Facebook page in seconds!

I play Words With Friends with friends from CS.com, all day! It's a cool way to keep in touch.

I guess I'm just a super-gadget lover, and the iPhone is my wildest dream come true.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #10
jpccusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
This has already been discussed here. I doubt anything has changed from my programmer's perspective since August.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103519
Perhaps we need an update in the programmer?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google