CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

2 snakes, 1 cage?

Old 01-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #201
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
Wow, quite the heated and passionate thread!

Perhaps time to calm things a bit and bring the emotional level down...so, a slight twist here, but for those who replied, if your corn snake could vote, would he/she be a Democrat or a Republican?

Libertarian.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #202
VickyChaiTea
My snakes? Hmmm... I think Charlie would be a democrat, Sasha a republican, and Adrian wouldn't vote at all because he's a rebel!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #203
bitsy
Mine would vote for whoever promised them their next mouse. I know my place in this household...

Old 01-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #204
Jdog3131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
Mine would vote for whoever promised them their next mouse. I know my place in this household...

I think thats what mine would do.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #205
carnivorouszoo
[quote=VickyChaiTea;1252165]CarnivorousZoo! I'm glad to hear an update on those guys, I was wondering what happened to them! Is the female really just constipated or does she have fecoliths? Fecoliths are masses of solid waste that have become especially hard and dry, and could have to be removed surgically.

QUOTE]

Its not just constipation, its folds of her intestines and colon that have become stretched as well as her reproductive parts. The vet says she could live another 4 years or she could get sick and need put down any day. Ultrasound did not show any solids or air in her system thank goodness, just normal poo caught in the folds. Unfortunately she has begun refusing food and breathing heavy. I have an appointment to get her looked at. It may just be this poor girls time

Old 01-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #206
carnivorouszoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
well, yeah i cleaned it. after i rubbed his nose in it and made him think about what he did. it stinks too much to NOT clean it. the worst is when he goes in the water dish. that's why i have two.
PLEASE tell me you are joking. Snakes are like many animals they give no thought to where they go, in the wild they would leave their poo far behind them and probably not come back to that spot until some time after nature cleaned it up. It is cruel to rub any animals nose in it. Would you rub a toddlers nose in an accident during potty training? I'm afraid this is one instance where comparing to humans is a correct thing. All doing that does is give the living thing involved a negative association with the person doing the rubbing.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #207
carnivorouszoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
besides, if the snakes were so stressed, they'd evolve to develop some form of communication to express that to us. the fact that they don't implies to me that they're fine with what they have.
Tell me you are not serious? Corns have not been domesticated. They are still wild animals. In the wild animal instincts tell them to HIDE illness and other weaknesses or be eaten. So, why would an animal only kept in captivity a short time (compared to say dogs) suddenly decide to "tell" us they are stressed?

Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #208
carnivorouszoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
Wow, quite the heated and passionate thread!

Perhaps time to calm things a bit and bring the emotional level down...so, a slight twist here, but for those who replied, if your corn snake could vote, would he/she be a Democrat or a Republican?

Mine are Independants!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google