CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

2 snakes, 1 cage?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #81
Dreamsnake
Reason #6 of why you shouldn't cohab snakes: New snakes should go through an intense quarantine period so as not to spread infections, mites, and parasites. I bring this up once more only because this should be on the list.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #82
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
Are you guys really gloating? Wow...just wow.
No, Patches. It is not all about you. Srsly.

We are doing the kind, gentle, wise, older-brother-ly thing. We are trying to help out the OP (cornsnakenewbie)...by hoisting this trainwreck back up on the tracks so that some good may yet come of this thread.

With a little humor.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #83
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsnake View Post
Reason #6 of why you shouldn't cohab snakes: New snakes should go through an intense quarantine period so as not to spread infections, mites, and parasites. I bring this up once more only because this should be on the list.
Definately, sorry I forgot that one!
I have a quarantine room on a whole different floor of the house than my snakeroom. And the quarantine period should be at least 3 months to rule out crypto.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #84
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
Are you guys really gloating? Wow...just wow.
Actually I think they may be commiserating, but hey I've been wrong before.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #85
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
Actually I think they may be commiserating, but hey I've been wrong before.
In a nutshell, if you will, Patchy accused me (and others like me) of being a crazy cat lady. Eric was reminding me that we have seen far nuttier people than me come and go around here. And of course that had me spew my cola in fits of laughter!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #86
Dreamsnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Definately, sorry I forgot that one!
I have a quarantine room on a whole different floor of the house than my snakeroom. And the quarantine period should be at least 3 months to rule out crypto.
No problem. I quarantined mine for 6 months to be completely safe.

So when is one over the smart-ass threshold and into dumb-ass territory?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #87
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsnake View Post
No problem. I quarantined mine for 6 months to be completely safe.

So when is one over the smart-ass threshold and into dumb-ass territory?
That is a very good question, although there are stellar examples that could be classified as a smart-ass and a dumb-ass simutaneously!!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #88
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
In a nutshell, if you will, Patchy accused me (and others like me) of being a crazy cat lady. Eric was reminding me that we have seen far nuttier people than me come and go around here. And of course that had me spew my cola in fits of laughter!
You forgot 'bleeding heart crazy cat/rat lady'. See it's the' bleeding heart' part that makes us commiserators and not gloaters.
Beth don't you know cola will ruin your keyboard, oops 'bleeding heart keyboard protector here' sorry spew all you want.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #89
starsevol
Quote:
You forgot 'bleeding heart crazy cat/rat lady'. See it's the' bleeding heart' part that makes us commiserators and not gloaters.
Beth don't you know cola will ruin your keyboard, oops 'bleeding heart keyboard protector here' sorry spew all you want.
Hey, I may be commiting cruelty to keyboards, but at least they can't suffer like a co habbed snake!!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #90
vetusvates
Quote:
OMG!!!

You are killing me, Susan!

She'll be here all week, folks. This comedy club requires a three drink minimum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google