CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Request: Some sort of way to keep threads on-topic

Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
Isoldael
Thanks for your opinions, everyone I'll stick to the more on-topic friendly toned forums for now then, but I'll still be around every now and then for some photo-browsing.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
SquamishSerpents
I hate restrictive forums.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoldael View Post
Thanks for your opinions, everyone I'll stick to the more on-topic friendly toned forums for now then, but I'll still be around every now and then for some photo-browsing.
I guess when you lay down an ultimatum of "your way or the highway", sometimes you have to take the highway.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
Tara80
Rich, I think your name should be bright red!!

Isoldael, at least you didn't get a "fella" yet.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
Isoldael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I guess when you lay down an ultimatum of "your way or the highway", sometimes you have to take the highway.
Was hardly an ultimatum, just a suggestion ^^ The fact that I won't be posting here anymore isn't supposed to be any sort of leverage towards forcing you into having my opinion, it's just the fact that the way the forum is now, I don't feel very comfortable here. That's clearly my own "problem" and has nothing to do with you guys ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
Isoldael, at least you didn't get a "fella" yet.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that term ^^" Could you please explain?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoldael View Post
Was hardly an ultimatum, just a suggestion ^^ The fact that I won't be posting here anymore isn't supposed to be any sort of leverage towards forcing you into having my opinion, it's just the fact that the way the forum is now, I don't feel very comfortable here. That's clearly my own "problem" and has nothing to do with you guys ^^
I am sorry that apparently you are unfamiliar with the term "ultimatum". But, in fact, that's exactly what you have done here. Your ultimatum was that either this site needs to change to suit you, or you will no longer participate. That is a *classic* ultimatum, in every sense of the word.

Sorry it didn't work out well for you.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #17
Amanda47
The term "off topic" has become too broad in this era of electronic chat. When you have to type everything (sometimes with character limits or fees, depending on the device), wanting to keep things short, sweet, and Q&A-like is to be expected. I think people have also gotten to be in hurry looking for info as a consequence of all the readily available information combined with short text messages.

I would be going off topic if I began explaining my views of how the internet is affecting communication, but I'll refrain. However, moving from the original topic to one related to another is conversational flow typical of face-to-face communicating. It may not end the way it began, but it was engaging and educational, in one way or another. You learn new things and get to know people too.

I prefer the casual atmosphere here, where people don't mind typing out a big, helpful reply. Do the topics stray? Yes, but it's why I keep checking the thread.

Just my opinion!

Old 03-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
Nanci
And anyone is free to say, at any time, so back to the original topic... Just don't expect people to feel they have to follow your suggestion! I have noticed that whenever an OP tries to "make rules" about what can and cannot be discussed in their thread, it doesn't go over very well.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #19
Isoldael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I am sorry that apparently you are unfamiliar with the term "ultimatum". But, in fact, that's exactly what you have done here. Your ultimatum was that either this site needs to change to suit you, or you will no longer participate. That is a *classic* ultimatum, in every sense of the word.

Sorry it didn't work out well for you.
Ultimatum (noun): A final demand or statement of terms, the rejection of which will result in retaliation or a breakdown in relations.

I am very well aware of the definition of an ultimatum. An ultimatum is not a mere suggestion like mine, though. Never did I say "YOU MUST CHANGE THIS OR I LEAVE!" I made a suggestion, it was rejected by the majority here, so I responded by saying it's not really for me then, so I'll limit myself to the photo section. That is, in no way, an ultimatum.

Kind regards,

Isoldael

Old 03-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
Shiari
Well, you did make a statement of terms (wanting heavier moderation) and when that was rejected, a breakdown in relations has occurred.

I hope you enjoy the other forums. This is by far my favorite one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google