CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Fluffy is having a preshed soak.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #71
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_addict
Do you have any clue how much a snake means to some one that puts there own money in it and then have it die feels to a 14 year old?
Evidently not a whole lot if it keeps happening and you won't look into why it's happening. That's why we keep all keep saying get what's left of your current collection under control before you expand it!

Quote:
No...probably isn't...but it still provides entertainment while putting off my Calc 4 and Stat Analysis homework...
You're voluntarily taking calc 4, katie? ouch...lol

Old 03-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #72
PtDnsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrpnBils

You're voluntarily taking calc 4, katie? ouch...lol
more ... hehehe...I actually LIKE calc...

And now back to the show...

~Katie

Old 03-23-2005, 01:08 AM   #73
Rosebear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PtDnsr
hehehe...I actually LIKE calc...~Katie

Katie....
That actually HURTS my head just to hear! But... That's what makes the world go 'round! Gimme simple biology, kitchen chemistry, plant science, language arts and I'm fine...but toss higher math at me and I'm

Ah, well, this is a far better than what's been here. I'm sure R_A doesn't even merit further acknowledgement. Sorry, Kiddo...I spent 12 years working at a middle school. Bite it off...HERE...and find a new place to hang.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:50 PM   #74
DAND
Kind of long response since I just got back...

So this is what happens when I can't get online for a few days?

Quote:
I am getting a reptile room!!!!! When we move I get a huge 15' by 20' for my reptiles.
I’d suggest a rubber room instead.

Quote:
What gets me is that he says he's been keeping snakes for a long time (if you believe what he says he currently has or used to have) and this latest streak is just bad luck?

He also said he had "Amazons" at one point....Amazon Tree Boas? I seriously doubt that anyone who can't care for a corn properly can care for ATBs any better. But if he does have all these snakes, he must be rich because some of them aren't cheap....so at least he's got that going for him. So yeah, still confused.
To a 14 year old with a limited attention span a few months could be misconstrued as a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja
hey cav how bout you stop bein an idiot and dont talk s*it on ppl that are like 666 times better than you...as in jimmy hendrix ( he helped revoloutionized the way guitar was played so how about you stick to what you know...well i dunno if there really is anything)
Short of a chosen few here, that means everyone else here can talk s*it about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja
not really dude...im actually packfan's cousin...jus an fyi dumb *ss
I’ll correct your obvious typing mistake above: “I’m actually packfan’s cousin…just a dumb *ss”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAV
Right, his cousin. So it is genetically linked (if you're really his cousin and not him ). I still find it strangely curious that you only show up when he can't post....

....and you spell the same.
Maybe the papa and the uncle are one in the same?

Quote:
I know the temps where perfect. 83 on the warm side 64 on the cool side and 75 in the middle. 40-55% humidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAV
I do not for a minute believe this statement. Please describe where you took these readings and what instrument you used.
My guess would be he used a rectal thermometer since he is obviously full of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx
not again.... RA, maybe you should try like a hamster first or something....
I’d suggest a pet rock. It’s idiot (cough…cough…R_A) proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Again, I'm still calling BS, and here's why.

He claims that he's getting his own reptile room, fine. However, what parent lets their 14/15 year old have if room full of reptiles, or pets in general, if they cant even handle 3-4 without killing them? I'd certainly hope that if his parents are at all responsible, they wouldn't let more defenseless animals suffer in their son's hands.

So he's managed to kill at least what, $150 worth of reptiles in the past two weeks, yet his parents are going to fund a reptile room?

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLSHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEET!
Anybody watch South Park? Ever see Timmy’s parents? Question answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx
I was wondering why the heck someone would wonder about stuffing snakes. Prize lions, water buffalos, chihuahuas named Jeraldo...but snakes?
Quote:
and if I'm not mistaken, he started that thread long before his three most recent snakes died, right? That tells me maybe there were others we just didn't know about
Quote:
Does anyone know of a way to stuff your dead snakes? I have some frozen boas in my freezer and 1 corn. They where all really old and died of NATURAL causes. I want to preserve them some how and put them on display.
Well, here is at least 3 more deaths he most likely caused.

Quote:
Do you have any clue how much a snake means to some one that puts there own money in it and then have it die feels to a 14 year old?
Where do you work Junior? How are you earning this money?

Quote:
LOOK AT THE SNAKES YOU KEEP!!!! I HAVE THOSE IN/OUTDOOR THERMS. AND THOSE WORK GOOD!!!! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A RULER HERE, I DONT MEASURE MY DICK SO I DON'T HAVE A NEED FOR ONE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
The poor kid is going down in flames. He doesn't need a ruler because he doesn't measure his.......
02-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Quote:
my other 04 is 23"+ and eating large fuzzies.
02-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Fluffy is about 20" and he just shedded.
How did he measure the now deceased Fluffy in these two posts? Also note Fluffy grew 3+ inches in 5 days. Maybe he should measure his….. with the same ruler, it may do his ego some good and then he won't have to come here and play the big man.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #75
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Maybe he should measure his….. with the same ruler, it may do his ego some good and then he won't have to come here and play the big man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard
Reptile Addict....I think I can do this without flaming you, unlike some others. Not that the flaming wasn't in order I suppose, I'd just prefer if you never mentioned your goodies again. EVER.
*I'm not a big fan of making pointless posts, but in this case I can make an exception*

Edit:
Quote:
Where do you work Junior? How are you earning this money?
If I remember right, he works for his parents I think...

Old 03-23-2005, 02:15 PM   #76
Standard
Reptile Addict....I think I can do this without flaming you, unlike some others. Not that the flaming wasn't in order I suppose, I'd just prefer if you never mentioned your goodies again. EVER.

I was on your side about the reptile room, I thought that was really rad. I've told others to get off your case and help you out instead of trashing you. But now is time for something a little different. For right now, please don't go get another snake. And Don't get upset. Change the direction everyone's opnion of you is heading. You need to get some good solid information about your current husbandry techniques. Take pictures, describe your setupps in detail, whatever you can do for us to help you out. I'm not going to knock the things you've said, but even if all of these snakes died from prexisting illness or what have you, you need some help.

If you aren't comfortable asking for assistance on the main board (because some people are going to be relentless if you ever ask for help again) PM me. Whether it be corns, lizards, chinchillas or whatever, ii'll do my best to help you out.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #77
CAV
Quote:
So this is what happens when I can't get online for a few days?
Welcome back!

Old 03-23-2005, 07:15 PM   #78
JTGoff69
Dave, we have missed you, and CAV is really trying his best to take care of both your points. This has just gotten to the point of ridiculous!

Old 03-23-2005, 07:31 PM   #79
reptile_addict
Quote:
I AM ****ING PISSED OFF!!!! I AM DONE WITH THIS ONE PET STORE. EVERY ANIMAL I GET FROM THERE HAS PROBLEMS. FLUFFY IS NOW DEAD AND I AM GETTING A PARASITE TEST THING DONE ON HIM. I just got rid of all my old cages and got new cages, stuff, and moved them to another roon. I am almost positive he died from parasites and I am taking all my reptiles to the vet for fecal tests and examinations. Should I be worried about the bird which was in the same room or the dogs which were in the room all the time. I need some help. I am getting another corn when this is all settled from lizard king because they have a guarentee on the animals.

Read this and it says I am getting this sorted out before I expand more..... HUH..... See???

Old 03-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #80
reptile_addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard

I was on your side about the reptile room, I thought that was really rad. I've told others to get off your case and help you out instead of trashing you. But now is time for something a little different. For right now, please don't go get another snake. And Don't get upset. Change the direction everyone's opnion of you is heading. You need to get some good solid information about your current husbandry techniques. Take pictures, describe your setupps in detail, whatever you can do for us to help you out. I'm not going to knock the things you've said, but even if all of these snakes died from prexisting illness or what have you, you need some help.

If you aren't comfortable asking for assistance on the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=5&k=main%20board" onmouseover="window.status='main board'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">main board</a> (because some people are going to be relentless if you ever ask for help again) PM me. Whether it be corns, lizards, chinchillas or whatever, ii'll do my best to help you out.

Thanks for the support. I said I am not going to expand till I get this sorted out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google