CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

soooooo tired... must sleep...

Old 04-07-2002, 07:03 AM   #1
jim
soooooo tired... must sleep...

rich,
thank you for this site. tonight was my first time here and i'm still here 6 hours later, still reading. this is on top of the 2 hours i spent at serpenco) i KNOW i will be back regularly. one suggestion though--- maybe you should name it cornsnakesanonymous.com--- i know i'm going to be needing a 12-step program to keep me away. thanks, jim

Old 04-07-2002, 09:34 AM   #2
Kevin M
addictive isnt it? :)

n/p

Old 04-07-2002, 09:24 PM   #3
Gregg
Hello, My name is Gregg...

...and I'm a cornsnakeaholic.

I knew I had a problem when I tried to trade in my seven year old son for a ten month old charcoal.

Old 04-07-2002, 09:43 PM   #4
Matt L
My wife said " It's me or the Cornsnakes".......I'm sure going to miss her!

Old 04-07-2002, 10:20 PM   #5
jim
steps 9 through 12???? i think i'm somewhere on step 37 and have no manual.
oh by the way greg, how is the charcoal doing?

Old 04-08-2002, 12:08 PM   #6
Gregg
Smile He's back, finally...

Hey Jim,

I was able to get my son out of the pawn shop after about two weeks. The charcoal is doing fine, but it happens to be the only cornsnake I have that will bite the p___ out of me when I go to pick him up. I think he has some cottonmouth in him. I've named him Aku (Japanese for Evil--taken from "Samurai Jack" on Cartoon Network).

As for my addiction: I've already got my cornsnake list for this year's hatch. I may have to pawn my son again, or sell off all my snare drums, or bonsai, or something. I tried talking my wife into going out with other guys, just for a little while, and letting them pay me for her going out with them, but she wouldn't have any of that. I don't know what her problem is?

Most of the time, I think I have this addiction behind me. Then, I pick up one of my corns and I start thinking how cool it would be to have another one in a different color, or pattern.

Check it out: I even hid the charcoal from my wife for about a week before she asked me if I had bought another snake.

Gregg--feeling the need for another snake fix.

[To every woman listed on this forum: I deeply apologize for any negative image of women that I may have portrayed above. I did it only for effect. If you have any comments, please direct them to me personally via my email.]

Old 04-08-2002, 12:38 PM   #7
Elaphe_Mo
As a woman, I can say that I've thought about renting out my boyfriend to get some extra cash for more corns. He plays with boring plastic models (no offense to any modelers out there) and doesn't quite get my facination with corn snake genetics. Oh well.

Hmmm...maybe I can sell my roommate's dog...

Old 04-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #8
eAndrew
Quote:
Originally posted by LizS
Here's the 12-step program for cornsnake addicts...
1- Decide to get a cornsnake
2- Research and study all about it
3- Get its cage and other needs
4- Find a supplier
5- Get your snake
6- Admire, adore, fret over and talk to everyone about your new friend
7- Now that your human friends and family are sick of hearing you and are staying away from you, you have more time to do more research on corns
8- You realize that all those other morphs that weren't your first choice initially are becoming ever so attractive
9- You gather some money by selling the stereo, give up going out with friends, etc.
10- You purchase more cages and stuff
11- You narrow down your choices of new corns to about 5
12- You buy 15 corns instead. What the heck.
Repeat steps 9-12 ad infinitum
I think that perfectly pegs exactly what happened with me and my girlfriend! Thank goodness she adores corns as much as I do (sometimes, more than we love each other )!

Elaphe_Mo, I know the feeling. My girlfriend just loves houseplants (or, er, nearly anything green), and I love computers...and never the twain shall meet.

Old 04-08-2002, 05:24 PM   #9
jim
wife for sale...

hi. just to let everyone know. this started about 2 years ago for me. i presently have about 30 snakes (the majority of which are corns) and i'm getting more tomorrow. (7 new ones!!!!! wooohooo)
this is how bad the addiction is:
i used to (see... USED TO) play a game called magic. its a trading card game. i played all the time for about the last 8-9 years. i just recently started selling all of my cards on ebay for more snakes and racks for my snake room. now that was $1200 and 11 snakes ago... i think i better get off the computer and call 1-800-snakehelp...
p.s. i've got a real cute wife, 62" long, cb 77, will trade for corns....

Old 04-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #10
kenalotia
Jim - your wife was bred in captivity?! Wow, that's pretty unusual these days for humans. Everyone I know, including myself, is a wild-born human... We just don't take well to captivity as a species.

Quote:
p.s. i've got a real cute wife, 62" long, cb 77, will trade for corns....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google