CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Just feeling cranky this morning

Old 06-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #61
Mary-Beth
Whoops, now I'm the one i need of coffee.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #62
Gronk
Carol...

Coffee is the staff of life!

Mike....Coffe-Holics Anonymous Member #1457

Old 06-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #63
CAV
Hi, Mike! Welcome, you are among friends here.......

Old 06-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #64
Taceas
Well I can't honestly say as I blame you, Rich. You've worked your hind-end off building up a business that does nothing but sell reptiles and host this site for us among other things out of the generosity of your heart. So I really have no qualms about For Sale ads only being able to be posted by Contributors.

Thanks to D80's ultimate boredom and looking up the track record of how many ads people have, whether or not they're contributors, whether or not they've been deleted...we finally have an insight into how some people really get off on using a free service. D80 pointed out a few blatant people abusing your generosity, and hopefully it'll be curbed from now on. If they want to take advantage of your site's benefits, then they can see themselves giving a fraction of what they could make to you for that opprotunity. Your site still hands, feet, back, butt down beats Kingsucks.com and their high price for their classifieds. I can't honestly see how paying $100 to sell a $50 snake is a good thing.

I don't know about the 'undercutting' going on, I'm sure I'm one of them however. Mainly because I don't have the name nor the reputation (yet) to back such prices on. I'd like to sell my Motleys for $40+, but the simple fact is no one will buy them from me whether or not they're better than yours.

My lower pricing isn't to take business away from you in anyway, and to be honest I'd never thought of it that way till today. I figured you had such a wider base of clientele and did shows, that I would just be a drop in the bucket and not cause much of a ripple. Most of my sales seem to be local anyway, so I doubt I really have that much of an effect.

I became a contributor in the first place to show my respect and to give some 'credit' due to where it belongs. You gave us this haven away from the arseholes on Kingsucks, and I respect you for that immensely.

But like I said, I hope that this measure really prevents the freeloaders from loading anymore. Vicdc is pretty bad, has he even posted a non-forsale post?There are a few others I've seen with my own eyes, selling gobs of stuff and haven't given a measly amount back to you who made it possible in the first place. It just goes to show who I really didn't like around here to begin with...the writing is on the wall in plain, blank font.

As for people selling non-cornsnakes on here, it depends on the extent that they're selling. I don't mind seeing rat snakes or other Colubrids for sale on here at all. Boas and Pythons on the other hand belong over on Fauna.

I can only say one thing, I would rather sell any non-corn hatchling I have to people on here than ANYONE over at Fauna. At Fauna I don't know them, I don't know how they take care of their animals, all I ever see is a bickering contest and flame wars. Which is quite sad, I very rarely ever go over there unless its something in particular I'm looking for, and I'm even a Contributor over there as well.

And to D80, I deleted my old ads so

Old 06-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #65
Rich Z
Yeah, I saw a post by someone who asked why they couldn't post ads any longer. Wonder how many people will leave in a huff because that's the only reason they came to this site?

Old 06-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #66
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceas

And to D80, I deleted my old ads so
Thanks for the smile Taceas!! I do know (hope) that you know that wasn't my intent! It was an eye opener though looking at some of the people posting forsale ads and their 'non existence' in other discussions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Wonder how many people will leave in a huff because that's the only reason they came to this site?
At the risk of sounding snobbish (which I like to think I'm not), who cares?! I don't come here just for the for sale ads, that's for sure! What have those people contributed to the real reason for the site . . .?

D80

Old 06-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #67
Taceas
Its ok, I knew the meaning behind it. I just had to go and delete all my old for sale ads before I ended up on the 'Wall of Shame'. =P

I think its good you went through and pointed out who freeloads and who doesn't. Opens some eyes to see how people have abused Rich's generosity.

Like ultimatecorns, he can't afford $25 to become a contributor? But a whole 6 pairs of creams for $900! Woowoo. Gee, gonna go right out and buy one right now. And to think I bought my Motley Cream for $80..

And if they leave in a huff? So what. More power to them. Like I said earlier, it just further proves who I didn't really like in the first place. =)

Old 06-13-2005, 02:29 PM   #68
Russell
my little speil...

Hey Rich!
I doubt any of those who don't come cause there are no free ads, are those who had nothing to contribute as has been said, financially and informationally! Anyhow, I have used that free ad section of yours, and it helped move some animals, that, quite frankly, here in ND, I had NO way of selling! Though thankfully a herp society is forming, trying to anyhow, and I have moved a few more animals. I always thought of my small bunch of corns every year as such a drop in the bucket, but you know, there sure are a lot of us drops, and that makes... Yet I know I could never get what you do for the same morphs. I've seen ghosts advertised for way higher than what I try to sell at the Midwest every year, and at the end of the show I give them to a dealer for ten bucks a peice, which sooner or later he'll sell for regular price. I just don't have the means to compete! But that's changing, and so when I saw I could contribute, I sure did! Plus got me a personal forum, which I think is VERY nice of you! I enjoy breeding snakes just to do it, and I know that causes me to turn around and just sell to get rid of things. And that can take customers away from you. Cheaper prices do speak to people, I've had people pass up very nice animals, well started five month olds, just so they could get it cheaper...in a ten gallon tank, five inches deep of hatchling babies that might not have even eaten yet! This place enables me to TRY to get regular prices over a longer period of time, without getting it all eaten up with advertising costs like I would at kingsnake.com, and not having to totally rely on the Midwest show every year to get rid of them. And of course, that's why I had to try not to make my prices too high at the show, to move snakes fast. Anyhow, Good for you Rich to nip this in the bud now! You have every right to change this site to whatever your desire! It IS YOUR site! And I'm grateful to you for it and will gladly pay my dues every year if you enable me to continue my hobby of breeding corns by selling through my personal forum and the ads. I'll be mindful of your price list this year, cause after all, now that I will have better exposure, and be able to post individual pics of babies, I should very well get better prices for babies! Maybe I'll be all sold out before the Midwest show ever gets here thanks to your allowing me to sell here on the forums. But fact is, if the price is the same, people will buy from a known name, a person who indeed HAS the original stuff, and the best, cause you naturally only keep the best back, and sell the rest, and we get the rest, and do our darnest to breed up to the standard people see in your animals. Anyhow, there's my little spiel! Thanks again Rich! I REALLY appreciate the work you do, in breeding, and having this forum up for us corn lovers to share information, pictures, and animals. But I have to say, it's one thing to say you have a Candy Cane corn...but it adds to it when you say it came from Rich, or Kathy, or Don...
Russell Keys
Keys Reptiles

Old 06-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #69
Gronk
New twist ?

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21821

Daniel and Joe were all over it....

Old 06-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #70
carol
It was only a matter of time, we shoulda placed bets on that one too. It has been done already, but a bit more subtle than this guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google